(DoD SkillBridge) Systems Engineer / M&S / SEIT
Requisition ID: R10112402
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 2
As one of the largest global security companies in the world, Northrop Grumman is proud to help our nation’s military personnel make the transition to civilian careers. Approximately 1/4th of Northrop Grumman’s 90,000 employees self-identify as veterans, and more than 1,600 are reservists. The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29. The program is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman during their internship as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members.
We've developed the Northrop Grumman – Military Internship Program (DoD SkillBridge) utilizing the DoDI guidance. During this program you will be working on-site in an entry to mid-level role. You will be receiving on-the-job training 40 hours per week.
DoD SkillBridge Overview:
The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Department of Defense Instruction 1322.29. The NG-MIP program is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members.
During this program you will be on-site at a Northrop location performing an internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. You’ll have on-the-job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the high potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Outlined below are the Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
Goals – Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NG.
Objectives - Service Members who complete the Intern program will be highly-trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission “Defining Possible” on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.
Outcome – Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.
- Has served at least 180 days on active duty
- Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
- Will receive an honorable discharge
- Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
- Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
- Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship.
All SkillBridge Opportunities are located in Linthicum/Baltimore, MD
Modeling & Simulation Systems Engineer:
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems has an opening for a Mission Modeling, Simulation & Analysis Systems Engineer to join our team in the Modeling, Simulation & Analysis organization. The team is a leader in digital transformation, leveraging a model-/simulation-based approach including DevOps principles and High Performance Computing. You will have opportunities to help accelerate the delivery of capabilities to our customers through the development and use of advanced models and simulations of platforms, sensors, weapons, and their interactions with the environment. The role is multidisciplinary in nature and provides tremendous technical growth opportunities as both an individual contributor and team lead.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Modeling, Simulation and Analysis (MS&A) of advanced systems in tactically relevant environments
- Leveraging GOTS and COTS physics-based simulation software for large scale data analytics, including the application of design of experiment techniques to evaluate system and mission performance
- Produce publication quality reports which define the foundation for simulation credibility across all stakeholders and provide the artifacts to support formal simulation Verification, Validation and Accreditation (VVA)
- Performs operational analysis and mission effectiveness analysis to recommend alternative architectures
- Defines and reviews mission objectives, assumptions, limitations, and tactical considerations of studies requested by internal and external customers
- Works with the Chief Engineer to develop and disseminate roadmaps of models, simulations, and tools to both developers and management
- Produces referent documentation of tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) for different mission areas
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- Operational Experience with various missions areas (air superiority, ISR, global strike, air defense, or related)
- Extensive knowledge of air to air, air to ground, or tactical space mission areas
- A desire to mentor junior engineers and scale the team's throughput and individuals' technical growth
- 5+ years of operational/ professional experience
- A desire to learn and excel in systems engineering, technical writing, and software development (C++, python)
- Possesses an engineering and operational background combined with the ability to be an effective communicator and technical team leader while operating with minimal oversight.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance and ability to obtain program access
- DoD TS/SCI Clearance
- Master's or PhD Degree
- Air crew experience
- USAF Weapons School, US Navy Top Gun, or USMC WTI Graduate
- Experience using mission or campaign level simulation tools like AFSIM, Brawler, SUPPRESSOR, or STORM
- System experience with air vehicles, weapons, RF, EOIR, communications or related systems
- Experience with one or more of the following: Statistics, design of experiments, predictive/prescriptive analytics, high performance computing
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.