SEIT PCM Electonics Systems Engineer (DoD SkillBridge) - Linthicum / Annapolis Junction MD
Requisition ID: R10120921
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America | Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
As one of the largest global security companies in the world, Northrop Grumman is proud to help our nation’s military personnel make the transition to civilian careers. Approximately 1/4th of Northrop Grumman’s 90,000 employees self-identify as veterans, and more than 1,600 are reservists.
The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29 .The NG-MIP program is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members.
Responsibilities for this internship position are:
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop Grumman – Military Internship Program (DoD SkillBridge) utilizing the DoDI guidance for SkillBridge. During this program the service member will be on-site at his or her host company performing an individual internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. The service member will be on the job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
Goals – Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.
Objectives - Service Members who complete the Intern program will be highly-trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission “Defining Possible” on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.
Outcome – Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.
DoD SkillBridge Eligibility:
- Has served at least 180 days on active duty
- Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
- Will receive an honorable discharge
- Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
- Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
- Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship.
Join our team and learn how we define possible at Northrop Grumman. We invite you to join our team where you will receive training in one of the most challenging and rewarding new fields known as Transformational Computing (TC). This field combines the unique properties of superconductivity and quantum mechanics to develop radical new energy-efficient computing systems. Our team consists of all the skills needed to transform computing beyond Moore’s Law, advancing development of computer architectures, processing/memory subsystems, and large-scale high performance computing systems. You will work in a fast-paced team environment alongside a broad array of scientists and engineers to make these processing solutions a reality and deliver remarkable new advantages to the warfighter.
The Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) section is seeking an experienced candidate with a robust coding background that has a keen interest in test automation and data acquisition. The ideal candidate will have experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) in both PYTHON and MATLAB and have ample experience with standard lab instrumentation such as RF/DC sources and arbitrary waveform generators. This candidate is expected to aid in the development of algorithms, architecture, and analytical tools that contribute to automation software for a test lab to join our team.
This position will serve on-site in Linthicum/ Annapolis Junction, MD.
- Interface and collaborate with the test teams to understand software requirements and to prototype software, such as baseline tools, updating the existing framework, designing software architecture, and develop instrument drivers.
- Assisting in the launching of tools developed by the software team, helping troubleshoot test lab bugs, and any other software related issues that arise during test operations.
- Responsible for maintaining codebase through building unit tests and peer-reviewing pull requests in an Agile framework.
- Prototyping and improving test automation procedures, for example developing test modules that are able to collect metrics for a new design of experiment in an automated fashion.
- Degree in a STEM Career Field - Bachelor of Science with 5 years of experience or Master’s Degree with 3 years’ experience or PhD with 0 years’ experience.
- Active DoD Top-Secret clearance with SCI eligibility clearance per business requirements.
- Experience and specific technical knowledge of Two or more of the following:
- Proficiency writing code in PYTHON and MATLAB in a version-controlled environment.
- Experience in developing and contributing to a larger scale software project.
- Experience with test lab software and electronics.
- Experience working in an Agile framework within a software development lifecycle.
- Ability to analyze organizational systems and associated challenges to find and propose more efficient solutions to accomplish operating unit tasking.
- Active TS/SCI with poly security clearance.
- Experience writing in an OOP-based codebase in PYTHON and MATLAB for a large team with multiple contributors/users with version-controlled requirements.
- Experience with defining and documenting software requirements.
- Experience with UI design and development (PyQt or Tkinter).
- Experience with electronic test equipment such as: Oscilloscopes, Source Meters, Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, etc.
- Experience working in a cryogenic testing environment.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.