Systems Engineering Manager 2
Requisition ID: R10122315
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America | Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking candidates for the position of Systems Engineering Manager 2 in the Transformational Computing Operating Unit within the Network Information Solutions (NIS) division. This position will be located in Linthicum/ Baltimore/ Annapolis Junction, MD.
What You'll Get To Do:
This is a dual-role technical manager position. Management duties will require tasking and coordination of approximately 8-12 engineers, and process and resource co‐ordination with functional homeroom management. The manager will also be expected to perform technical work on programs. It is anticipated that given the size of the functional team, the split between program and functional duties will be approximately 80/20, on average. The direct program work may include technical work, IPT leadership, or any other appropriate technical function.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Execute in a direct contributor role on the program as a system, software, hardware, or test engineer, or as an architect.
- Work with team technical leads and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to define requirements and develop Agile program plans.
- Work in cooperation with Agile Scrum master to track execution and provide technical leadership to the team.
- Work with program management and technical leads to capture staffing needs.
- Work with Talent Acquisition, technical staff, and functional management to screen candidates, set up interviews, collect feedback, and assist in determining whether to make offers.
- Administrative management responsibilities including technical tasking, performance evaluation, career development, and salary planning.
This position requires work onsite in either Linthicum, MD or Annapolis Junction, MD facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) with 9+ years of experience within a related engineering field.
- Strong leadership qualities, including excellent communication and collaboration, team engagement, and organizational skills.
- Basic understanding of Agile or Lean-Agile project management.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Active TS/SCI clearance per business requirements.
- Master’s degree in engineering, Business Management, Engineering Leadership, or equivalent.
- 12 years of experience in a multi-disciplined engineering environment.
- Demonstrated success leading high performance teams as technical, integrated product team, and/or functional leader.
- Experience with Lean-Agile development for software or hardware systems.
- Experience leading teams in a functional, programmatic, or technical capacity.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.