Staff Digital Subsystems Engineer
Requisition ID: R10129763
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is searching for Digital Subsystems Engineers that are ready to use their knowledge of advanced digital technologies and engineering experience to help us develop deployable solutions for our customers. This position will be filled at the Staff Engineer level.
This person will have a technology leadership position that will span multiple roles:
Team Member - Working with interdisciplinary teams to develop digital electronic subsystems and allocating functionality to subsystem components
Leader - Providing direction and oversight to internal and external design teams developing subsystem modules and components such as Single Board Computers, SoCs, ASICs, and FPGAs
Innovator - Designing and modeling digital signal processing and control algorithms implemented in Embedded Processors, ASIC and FPGA technologies
Developer - Developing digital electronic subsystem architectures and designs that are compatible with company and industry standards
Responsibilities will include:
Working with System, Software, RF, Security, and Platform teams to define product architectures to meet customer requirements
Implementing DSP algorithms in Matlab/Python or other higher level languages
Creating subsystem requirement specifications and directing design engineers during development process
Developing integration and test plans for subsystems
Collaborating with design and implementation teams to ensure requirements are met on schedule and within budget
Monitor and participate in the development of industry standards
Learning, applying and driving improvement of internal engineering processes
Supporting managers in business capture activities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with 14 years of experience, a Master’s degree with 12 years of experience or a PhD with 9 years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical fields; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- U.S Citizenship is required
- An active DoD Secret Security Clearance is required with the ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP) prior to start.
Experience and strong background in developing digital electronic subsystems
Domain knowledge and experience in some of the following or similar areas: Radar, Communications, Digital Signal Processing, Digital Receivers, Direct Digital Waveform Generation, Software Defined Radio, SWAP Constrained Processor, Embedded Networking
- An active DoD Secret Security Clearance is required
- Advanced Degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical fields
5+ years of technical leadership experience
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance or higher
Aerospace and Defense Experience developing digital electronic modules, circuit boards, ASICs and/or FPGAs
Demonstrated expertise in field (e.g. journal published, patents)
DoD Open Architecture and Industry Standards knowledge and experience (e.g. SOSA, VITA, IEEE)
Additional Domain knowledge and experience in some of the following or similar areas: EO/IR Sensors, Sonar and Acoustic Sensors, SWAP Constrained Processing, AI & ML, Multi-chip Modules, System in a Package, Hardware Emulation, Digital Twins, High Speed Interfaces or Embedded Networking
This position is contingent upon transfer of DoD Secret Clearance and Special Program Access (SAP) prior to starting.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.