Senior Principal ASIC DFT Engineer
Requisition ID: R10129793
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector (NGMS) is a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware enabled mission systems. Our company is pioneering capabilities in a wide variety of sectors that keep our nation and our allies safe from undersea to space and cyberspace.
NGMS, Digital Technologies Group, is seeking an ASIC DFT Engineer to join our team of highly qualified, diverse individuals in Digital Technologies. Qualified applicant will become part of the Digital Technologies department, which specializes in product designs for a variety of applications from undersea to outer space. The individual will be responsible for DFT (Design for Test) aspects of ASIC Design. Successful candidates will have a thorough understanding of digital design concepts and have prior experience with ASIC development process. Must be knowledgeable in VHDL, Verilog or SystemVerilog RTL coding and be highly proficient in DFT methodologies. This candidate will have an ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the different teams as required to accomplish the goals.
This position will be in Linthicum, MD.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience, a Master’s degree with 3 years of experience or a PhD with 0 years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical fields; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- U.S Citizenship is required
- An active DoD Secret Security Clearance is required with the ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP) prior to start.
Experience in full product life cycle of ASIC Design
Experience with Cadence, Mentor and/or Synopsys test insertion and ATPG tools
Experience with hierarchical scan testing, IEEE-1500 and/or IEEE-1687, and test compression
Experience with at-speed scan testing
Experience integrating DFT features of 3rd party IP
Experience with JTAG IEEE-1149.1 and IEEE-1149.6 (AC JTAG)
Experience with memory BIST and logic BIST
Experience generating test patterns and analyzing and debugging test failures
Experience working with test engineers to implement ATPG vectors on tester hardware
Proficiency in HDL (VHDL/Verilog/SystemVerilog)
Proficiency in scripting languages such as Tcl, Python or Perl
Knowledge of Synthesis, P&R and Static Timing Analysis would be a plus
- An active DoD Secret Security Clearance is required
- Advanced Degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical fields
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance or higher
This position is contingent upon transfer of DoD Secret Clearance and Special Program Access (SAP) prior to starting.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.