Principal Radar Systems Engineer / Senior Principal Radar Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: R10116994
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Bethpage, New York, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Position Summary / Responsibilities
Radar Systems Engineers are responsible for the development of sensor system modes and advanced signal- and data-processing algorithms, from mathematical/analytical derivation through testing and verification using simulated and real sensor data. Included are topics such as sensor resource management, mode design, machine learning, multiple hypothesis tracking and statistical analysis of system performance.
- Develop system specifications derived from customer requirements
- Design documentation and review, reporting on progress, and presentations before management, colleagues, and customers
- Some travel will be required for meetings and program support, as well as test and evaluation of system performance during deployment
- May be involved with proposal writing
The position may be filled at either the Principal or Senior Principal level. Degree should be in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a related discipline
- Level T03 / Principal Engineer Systems qualifications: 5 Years with Bachelor’s in science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
- Level T04 / Sr. Principal Engineer Systems qualifications: 9 Years with Bachelor’s in science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- Proficiency with engineering programming languages (e.g., C/C++, MATLAB, Python)
- Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Demonstrated analytic problem-solving skills
- The ability to proficiently use computer tools to code algorithms and process data
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Current active DoD Secret clearance, or the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance before hire
- Background in digital-signal processing, spectral estimation, and adaptive signal processing
- Experience with radar systems, particularly: mode design and development and/or signal and data processing
- Experience with techniques associated multiple target tracking (e.g., Kalman filtering, multiple hypothesis logic) and multi-sensor data association and fusion
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
Link to Benefits: https://totalrewards.northropgrumman.com/
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This position is contingent upon transfer of DoD Secret Clearance.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.