Staff Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: R10121131
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Bethpage, New York, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, but they’re also making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer for the Next Generation Jammer Program. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team in Bethpage, NY, an organization focused on development and production of state-of-the-art RF sensor systems solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall System Engineering effort (Lead Systems Engineer) on the Next Generation Jammer(NGJ) DET Program.
- Direct the execution and process of all System Engineering activities.
- Responsible for the overall technical management of the system specifications and architecture.
- Support the main customer Interface for system level specifications and requirements and supports the Chief Engineer and IPT leaders in their interfaces with customer counterparts.
- Responsible for horizontal and vertical technical integration across the program and for ensuring the integrity of the SE processes and the associated intermediate work products implemented by the IPTs
- Report to the Program Manager all System Engineers (and sometimes the System Integration & Test team) report to the Lead Systems Engineer or SEIT Lead
- Bachelor’s degree with 14 years of experience, A Master’s degree with 12 years of experience or a PhD with 9 years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics.
- U.S Citizenship with an active DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience leading technical teams
- Experience in RF systems development, integration, and test
- Strong systems thinking mindset
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of earned value management
- Strong communication and people leadership skills paired with RF technical expertise are required for this position
- Master’s degree or PhD in STEM
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance or higher
- Multiple domain expertise across the electromagnetic spectrum (e.g., radar and electronic warfare)
- Work experience and/or exposure to manufacturing
- Work experience and/or exposure to Supply Chain Management (Sub-contractors)
- Work experience in one or more other engineering functional areas (Hardware, Software, Firmware, Field Engineering,etc.)
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
Link to Benefits: https://totalrewards.northropgrumman.com/
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This position is contingent upon the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance and Contract Award
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.