Associate Engineer Systems
Requisition ID: R10128767
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman F-35 Sustainment leadership for the F-35 Hybrid Product Support Integration (HPSI) team is seeking a new member to provide support to the Air Vehicle (AV) team at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB) F-35 Operations Center. The team member will be responsible for assisting in the planning, analysis and execution of an effective Global Support Solution for F-35 at WPAFB in Dayton, OH. This is an opportunity to be an key industry team member on-site in the F-35 sustainment operating environment. This position is part of an integrated industry and government operational team that works together to assure the best performance, response and outcomes for the F-35 Program and Fleet.
This opportunity is a part of an integrated industry team who will work daily with F-35 stakeholders and have responsibilities to deliver the following:
- Overseeing and establishing the necessary logistics posture and governance for the joint government-industry sustainment solution. This includes interfacing with the government Joint Project Office (JPO), DOD, domestic and foreign services and industry teammates.
- Working with a global fleet management solution, optimizing strategic enterprise planning to supplement the existing tactical efforts of the F-35 Operations Center.
- Utilize technical information/feedback/funding availability to determine the best approach in expending resources to ensure an adequate logistics support posture.
- Coordinate and deconflict fleet-wide issues to ensure overall success.
- Assist with coordination of required funding and deployment of Depot Field Teams, Contractor Field Teams, and other one-off and recurrent repair, maintenance, and modification events at sites, and deployed locations, as required.
- Coordinate the implementation and execution of logistics support operations, by the product support team, and ensures that plans are updated as necessary to provide the support required to achieve assigned readiness objectives at the optimum life cycle cost.
- Provide planning and technical guidance, reviewing all plans for an integrated accomplishment of objectives, and program success.
- Review the attainment of program objectives to identify and correct deficiencies in established support plans.
- Recommend changes to policies and procedures and initiate actions to effectively incorporate approved changes into the existing support plan.
- Develop planning and supportability requirements for program documentation and manage the development of logistics related sections of these documents.
• Bachelor’s degree with 0 - 5 years of relevant technical experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices of logistics and sustainment principles.
• Experience in utilization of large data sets to identify trends, outliers, and patterns of performance in order to make informed decisions.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to inform, shape and influence executive leaders, customers, and government organizations and members.
• Ability to use data analytics tools (Pivot tables, Tableau, SAS, Business Intelligence, etc.)
• Experience with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• Demonstrated experience with data integration and plan formulation.
• Demonstrated ability to drive closure and resolve complex and large-scale technical issues/challenges.
• Demonstrated ability to foster customer relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to foster team collaboration, troubleshooting concepts and develop documented and complete solutions.
• Demonstrated experience in performing on complex/global/diverse teams.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
• Experience on F-35 program, or similar 5th generation platform.
• Prior service/employment within USAF, USMC, USDoN, or other related Defense organization.
• Demonstrated performance in an Operations Center role.
• Experience with and/or supporting agile program management methodology and execution of work.
• Proven experience as a strategic thinker with the ability to translate into action and results.
• Customer experience in the areas of sustainment, operations and solution design.
• Adept at working within matrix organizations for successful execution.
• Excellent communication and relationship skills, both verbal and written, with the proven ability to communicate to all levels internally and externally.
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate solutions that produce a positive outcome with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience influencing positive program progress, while fulfilling a non-prime leadership role.
• Hold a US Secret Level Clearance.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.