NASIC Principal VMWare Systems Engineer (AHT)
Requisition ID: R10129099
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Principal VMWare Systems Engineer to maintain and enhance Linux Systems and Infrastructure in support of the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, OH. NASIC is responsible for creating all-source intelligence defining the present and future air, air defense, cyber, space and ballistic missile threats to enable military operations, force modernization, and policy making. Successful candidates will clearly demonstrate strong technical skills with the use of VMWare tools. They should have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Summary of Responsibility
Job duties consist of managing NASIC’s VMWare environment, including storage and network management, installing new VMware software, monitoring performance, developing more effective techniques, and troubleshooting problems. You will be an active part of a team of System, Network, and Storage Administrators who collaborate to support a large development infrastructure that replicates a wide variety of customer environments to include Linux and Windows. The team manages the hardware, software, network, security, and end user support for a wide range of tools and infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline with 5 years' related experience OR master’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline with 3 years' related experience
- U.S. citizenship with active TS/SCI security clearance
- Minimum of 2 years of administration experience with VMWare ESXi 7.x or higher.
- Active CompTIA Security+, CASP, or CISSP certification
- Experience administrating Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, 8, and/or 9 (or equivalent)
- Current Operating System Environment Certification i.e., (Linux+, RHCSA, Net+, CCNA, VMware Certified, etc.) preferably VMware Certified
- Experience with hyper converged infrastructure (HCI) technologies such as Dell VxRail
- Experience with VMware vRealize infrastructure (vRA/vRO)
- Experience with software defined storage (NSX-V/T)
- Experience with VMware vCenter
- Scripting experience with Bash, PowerShell and/or Python
- Experience with Ansible and Terraform
- Broad knowledge of systems administrations to include multiple technologies i.e., (Windows, Linux, Cisco, VMware, storage area network (SAN), and network attached storage
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.