Manager Systems Engineering 1
Requisition ID: R10117188
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Middletown, Rhode Island, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems (NGDS) is seeking a Systems Engineering Manager to join our diverse team of professionals located in Middletown, Rhode Island. The Systems Engineering Manager will support our Immersive Mission Solutions (IMS) Operating Unit (OU). Also, the Manager, Systems Engineering 1 will provide functional management to the Northrop Grumman engineering staff supporting the PC-based Open-architecture Reconfigurable Training System (PORTS) for the U. S. Navy. This role splits time between serving as a functional manager (20% nominally) and as an individual contributor supporting engineering activities on one or more assigned programs (80% nominally). Northrop Grumman is an industry leader in developing, integrating, and sustaining complex systems for the US Department of Defense.
Functional Manager responsibilities include:
- Track logistics materials and parts for proper allocation of storage facilities
- Review configuration changes to evaluate impact on logistics deployment
- Assisting team members with career development
- Semi-annual performance assessments of your team members
- Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring new staff
- Approval of timecards and other similar administrative tasks
- Workload management for direct reports
- Bachelor's degree with 8 years of experience in Engineering, Computer Science or related field; 6 years of experience with a Masters' degree; 3 years of experience with a PhD
- US Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Candidates with Top Secret security clearance preferred
- Experience in recruiting and developing top engineering talent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytical problem decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, solution implementation, metric development, and metric evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.