Sentinel (GBSD) Systems / Principal Systems Engineer (No Clearance Required)
Requisition ID: R10113374
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 8
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer / Principal Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Strategic Deterrent Systems Division to include the Sentinel (GBSD) program.
The selected candidate does not need to have an active clearance, but must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to starting in this role. This posting is for candidates that do not have a Secret clearance, but are able and willing to wait (to start) for the Secret clearance to be obtained (by the company).
What you’ll get to do:
- Work with both Program Managers and technical teams to develop and mature architecture content of large programs design.
- Help develop and incorporate the appropriate requirements for the system and ensure that they are properly represented in the model.
- Develop systems architecture using Cameo Enterprise Architecture (behavioral, structural, analytical)
- Collaborate with program IPT counterparts to develop supporting systems engineering and design artifacts
- Contribute to system requirements development, management, and analysis
- Develop unifying model techniques, procedures, and processes (for model development, tool integration, and team integration)
- Communicate and train other systems engineering teams on modeling process & procedures
- Take content through the configuration management
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This position may be filled at either the Systems Engineer level (Level 2) or at the Principal Systems Engineer (Level 3), based on the qualifications listed below.
- Level 2: Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 2 years of related engineering experience
- Level 3: Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 5 years of related engineering experience
- US Citizenship with ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Experience with requirements management/analysis/allocations using tools such as DOORS (IBM Rational)
- Active DoD Secret/ Top Secret clearance, granted or re-investigated within last 6 years or in continues evaluation
- Experience modeling with Cameo Enterprise Architecture, MagicDraw (No Magic, Inc.) or other architecture modeling tools
- Experience with SysML, UML or DoDAF modeling languages
- Experience with flight hardware
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.