Sentinel DevStar Operations Manager- Systems Engineering Manager 2(9991)
Requisition ID: R10116951
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman's Space Systems organization is seeking a DevStar Operations Manager- Systems Engineering Manager 2. This position will be located in Roy, UT. This position may require occasional travel to Northrop Grumman and Government locations within the United States.
What You’ll Get To Do
The position will report programmatically directly to the director of Systems Engineering, DevStar and is responsible for ensuring that the director’s vision is translated into operational reality.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate strong leadership and relationship building skills, a track record as an effective communicator, and problem solver with the ability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
This is a leadership position with daily executive interactions, and the selected candidate will display consistent impeccable judgment and embody Northrop Grumman leadership behaviors. The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative/team settings across all levels, including executive leadership. The leader will be comfortable with taking strategic vision and turning it into reality. Predictable performance and thinking ahead on how to ensure smooth and innovative ways of operating is a must.
The selected candidate will work with leaders of all levels across the program and matrix organization to facilitate the dissemination of information and expedite the implementation of initiatives. The successful candidate will also manage the administrative and operational affairs of the director and is a member of the DevStar Systems Engineering leadership team.
Specific duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the battle rhythm and operations for a team of professionals at numerous locations responsible for integrating all processes, tools and systems across the directorate to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage the operational affairs, lead communications across the directorate and external stakeholders, facilitate the dissemination of information, and expedite the implementation of initiatives
- Support the directorate in executive internal and external customer meetings
- Establish and manage baseline management controls to ensure configuration and data management integrity of the directorate’s initiatives and products
- Integrate and plan all infrastructure requirements to include facilities, staffing, information technology, and processes, tools and systems critical to the directorate
- Leading teams of Project Engineers and Program Management leads to drive horizontal integration of changes and requirements
- Establish key initiatives in support of the organization’s strategic plan
- Oversee programs and execute Status Reviews in coordination with DevStar and SET leadership
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) with 6 years’ related experience;4 years’ related experience with a Masters’ degree in STEM
- Active DoD Secret clearance with background investigation in-scope
- At least 1 year experience leading a project and/or driving performance against schedule
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- A proven track record of developing and implementing strategies for change
- Presentation skills to communicate effectively at all levels of management and to individual contributors
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Experience in Lean methodologies
- Experience in DevOps methodologies
- Experience in Integrated Functional Capability Process
- Experience in Architecture and/or Model Based Engineering
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Prior experience operating in a dynamic environment of increasing pace
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.