Sentinel (GBSD) – Sr. Principal Systems Engineer - Cameo Architect (10238)
Requisition ID: R10119695
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman's Space Systems organization is seeking a Sr Principal Systems Engineer to join the Command and Launch Team as a Physical Security Systems Engineering Architect. This position will be located in Roy, UT. This position may require occasional travel to Northrop Grumman and Government locations within the United States.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Support systems engineering architecture activities including use case development, functional decomposition, interface definition, and data flow development
- Develop and maintain descriptive system models in UAFP and SysML using MBSE tools to define interfaces, physical/functional block diagrams and behaviors
- Coordinate with integrated product teams for establishing content within the system architecture
- Interface with customers, program management, and technical staff
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This position may include relocation assistance.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- A minimum 9 years of related engineering experience with a bachelor's degree; 7 years’ experience with a Master’s; or 4 years’ with PHD
- Must be a US Citizen with and active Secret Security Clearance (awarded/reinvestigation within 6 years or in CE), and the ability to obtain Special Access Program (SAP) Clearance
- A minimum 2 years of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience, demonstrating broad technical experience across multiple platforms, and encompassing the entire product development lifecycle
- Detailed, hands-on experience using one or more of the following common MBSE tools in the areas of Architecture, Design, and V&V: Cameo, Rhapsody, Sparx EA, DOORS, Teamcenter, etc
- Active Top Secret Clearance (awarded within the past 5 years)
- Experience with Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Systems Modeling Language (SYSML), and Unified Architecture Framework (UAF)
- Experience defining systems architecture for developing and decomposing requirements and system functions, developing functional and physical system architectures, and defining interfaces
- Experience developing large, complex systems and holding cross-functional architecture reviews
- Experience with physical security systems
- Previous Systems Engineering experience and understanding of the Systems Engineering Process
- Experience with Agile Development
- Experience using Requirement’s repository tools (i.e., DOORS).
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.