Sentinel (GBSD) Systems Security Engineering Technical Manager 2 - 10293
Requisition ID: R10120209
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Systems Security Engineering Technical Manager 2 in support of the Sentinel program. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure. This position is located in Roy, Utah.
This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You’ll Get To Do
The selected candidate will be responsible for a Systems Security Engineering (SSE) discipline Section within the Strategic Deterrent Systems (SDS) Specialty Systems Engineering organization and will report directly to an SDS Specialty Systems Engineering Department Manager.
As a Section Manager you will be expected to spend approximately 20% of your effort on Functional Homeroom (FHR) responsibilities with 80% of your efforts focused on a technical assignment on an SDS project or IPT.
Primary FHR responsibilities include:
- Provide career mentorship to anywhere from 8 and 12 SSE team members.
- Manage personnel performance ratings for SSE team members.
- Mentor SSE team members on career pathway development and goal setting.
- Conduct training for SSE team member process familiarization.
- Build staffing plans for SSE team member role placement.
Primary Technical Responsibilities include:
- Communicate complex technical issues and solutions to SSE team members and management.
- Manage SSE team member task allocation, provide technical oversight, direction.
- Allocate resources to meet time, cost, and schedule.
- Communicate with the Functional Homeroom (FHR) to establish standardized SSE processes.
- Conduct Earned Value Management for all SSE cost accounts in conjunction with Cost Account Management (CAM).
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelors in Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) field and at least 6 years of related systems engineering experience or a Masters Degree and 4 years of related systems engineering experience.
- At least 1 year experience leading a project and/or driving performance against schedule
- 1 year experience in budgeting or managing Cost Accounts.
- 1 year experience performing Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Must have U.S. Citizenship with a current or active Secret level clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearanc
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience briefing high level leadership on complex issues.
- Understanding Risk Management (identification and development of risks) and driving risk mitigations to closure.
- Experience conducting threat analysis and protection initiatives.
- Experience in engaging with the intelligence community, utilizing databases, and performing research and analysis.
- Active Top-Secret clearance adjudicated within the last 5 years and ability to obtain SAP access.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.