Sentinel (GBSD) - Staff Systems Engineer - Requirements Engineer - 10332*
Requisition ID: R10120884
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America | Huntsville, Alabama, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Engineer to join the team. This position will be located in Roy, UT or Huntsville, AL and will support the Sentinel (GBSD) program. This opening is on the Command and Launch (C&L) Requirements team supporting requirements management activities. Learn more about the Sentinel (GBSD) program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do:
Successful candidates will participate in requirements development and maintenance activities. The selected engineer will be experienced working in requirements repositories and model-based system engineering. Work on a Node Integration Team that is responsible for being the liaison between design and production. As a part of a Node Integration Team, you will work with your team to:
Develop and own cost and cost model for your team's node.
Track progress (owns/collects metrics for PDPs)
- Responsible for realizing the Node – and owning the integrated node production.
- Responsible for Design to Kit and Design to Cost
- Proactively manage facility/equipment costs (designing to cost)
- Own and Define the Drawing Tree
- Own and Define the Integrated Node Architecture
- Own and Develop Integrated Node CDRs
- Own Physical Configuration Audits
- Verify Node Integration requirements.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university with 14 years of related experience with a bachelor’s in science; 12 Years with a Masters; 9 Years with a PhD
- 8 years of experience in Aerospace, Software, Computer, and/or System Engineering
- This position requires an active DoD Secret Clearance adjudicated within the last 6 years.
- Requires the ability to obtain Special program access.
- Systems Engineering experience, including understanding of the systems engineering V and requirements management in DOORS.
- Experience with C2, Physical Security, Cybersecurity, and/or Communications systems
- Experience developing OPSCONS or CONOPS
- Experience in the military aerospace development environment is preferred.
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), including DODAF, SysML, and Cameo Enterprise Architect
- Experience with Agile Development
- Ability to derive requirements from high level requirements.
- Ability to learn requirement management in DOORS.
- Occasional travel to Northrop Grumman and Government locations within the United States
- Active Top Secret security clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.