Sentinel (GBSD) Interconnects & Signals Distribution Systems Engineering Manager 2- 10497
Requisition ID: R10122827
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an Interconnects & Signals Distribution Systems Engineering Manager 2. This position will be located in Roy, UT. and will support the Sentinel (GBSD) Ground Base Strategic Deterrent program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You’ll Get To Do:
The I&SD SE Manager is responsible for leading a team of Systems Engineers focused on developing and managing functional, performance, design, compliance, and verification/validation requirements for I&SD subsystems in a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) environment. This organization works closely with the other Systems Engineering organizations in the Infrastructure IPT as well as the Sentinel Systems Engineering organization in the development of requirements, architecture models, and other SE artifacts, as well as with the I&SD organization to ensure that the requirements are adequately flowed to and complied with by the product designs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organizational Leadership:
- Providing day-to-day direction to a team of Systems Engineers to execute the I&SD SE scope of work.
- Performing financial and performance analyses to develop and implement long-term staffing plans and process improvements.
- Providing mentorship and growth opportunities to the I&SD SE team and growing a strong leadership bench.
- Program Execution:
- Driving on-time delivery of I&SD SE work products to support Infrastructure design activities and program milestones, including Critical Design Reviews (CDRs).
- Utilizing earned value management and other financial tools to plan, execute, and report status.
- Supporting the integrated planning of complex interdependent projects to support Sentinel program milestones, balancing prioritization of Engineering resources between competing projects and teams.
- Ensuring schedules and program plans are credible, substantiated by quantitative data, and bounded by risks and opportunities.
- Supporting a comprehensive risk and opportunity management program for the Infrastructure IPT.
- Ensuring clear and constant communication across multiple distributed SE, analysis, and test organizations as well as with Government stakeholders.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with a wide range of distinct customer communities, subcontractors, and industry partners.
- Providing regular briefings, reports, and other communications to leadership.
- Technical Excellence:
- Ensuring adherence to the Sentinel technical baseline, SE processes, and model governance for the I&SD SE team.
- Balancing stringent quality standards for technical artifacts (e.g. Requirements Specifications, Architecture Models) with the rapid pace of procurement, fabrication, and construction of test assets and early prototypes.
- Making informed decisions between conflicting technical approaches based upon program and IPT-level cost, schedule, and technical impacts and risk.
- May be required to travel up to 25% of the time.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) and 6+ years of related experience or Masters Degree in STEM and 4 years related experience
- At least 1 year experience leading a project and/or driving performance against schedule
- 3+ years experience with Systems Engineering or requirements V&V
- 2+ with DOORS, Cameo, and/or other Systems Engineering toolsets
- Active DoD Secret clearance with ability to obtain SAP clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Active DoD Top Secret
- ICBM Experience
- Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience
- 1+ years in a formal lead/management position in the Aerospace and Defense industry
- Strong understanding and broad application of engineering systems (engineering standards, configuration management, material review board, process control, tooling, facilities, software, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated experience with high value customer presentations, with ability to focus on multiple projects with competing priorities
- Demonstrated experience in making sound decisions in uncertain and difficult situations
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.