Sentinel (GBSD) - Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) Launch Facility Integrated Node Lead (Staff Engineer) - 10540
Requisition ID: R10123602
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America | Huntsville, Alabama, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Command & Launch Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) Launch Facility Integrated Node Lead Staff Systems Engineer to join the team. This position will be located in Roy, UT or Huntsville, AL and will support the Sentinel (GBSD) program. Learn more about the Sentinel (GBSD) program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do:
You will be responsible for leading systems engineering execution as the main focal point for Command & Launch product team systems engineering integration into the Launch Facility. You will be expected to manage day to day operations of the Launch Facility Integrated Node team. At a minimum, your Launch Facility Integrated Node team will be responsible for the oversight and on-schedule development of the C&L physical architecture, use cases, requirements, performance analysis, verification architecture model, and providing presentation materials suitable for Weapon System and C&L Working Groups. As the Launch Facility Integrated Node Team Lead, you will lead the implementation of the processes dictating requirements development, verification activities, OPSCON and use cases, C&L architecture, and analysis model development. You will work with both the Program and C&L Product Development Teams to develop and mature systems engineering content and artifacts using Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools and methods. You will oversee and manage operational aspects of the Launch Facility Integrated Node and serve as liaison among program management, planning, systems engineering, product teams, field engineering, logistics, and deployment engineering. You will have an opportunity to work with teammates across a wide variety of disciplines and become intimately familiar with all aspects of Sentinel. You will lead coordination and collaboration across the diverse C&L engineering design teams to manage the technical baseline and facilitate the integration of C&L products to meet Weapon System and segment level requirements. Your role will be responsible for ensuring that all C&L products are electrically, mechanically, thermally, HEMP-shielded, radiation hardened and fully integrated together as a unit at the Launch Facility Integrated Node to perform the C&L mission. You will have opportunities to present at milestone reviews to program leadership and the customer, to include Critical Design Reviews (CDRs) and Functional Configuration Audits. You will also be expected to proactively coordinate with various teams to develop, document, and maintain design solutions. All job functions require close teamwork across technical disciplines and Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) in a fast-paced environment.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ownership of requirements, allocation to lower levels, Requirement vs Capability (RvsC), verification planning (e.g RVAM development), and analysis planning and execution in a Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) environment across the nodes.
- Communicate with the Weapon System, C&L segment, and product teams to coordinate maturation and integration of C&L content.
- Lead MBSE strategy and implementation of architecture models for C&L
- Lead team execution of MBSE architecture design, analysis, requirements analysis, requirement decomposition, and interface definition.
- Lead development of Cameo physical architecture modeling
- Coordinate with various teams to analyze, develop, document, and maintain systems engineering and integration artifacts and design solutions.
- Coordinate with C&L product teams for establishing content within the physical architecture.
- Coordinate across multiple teams to ensure development of an integrated architecture model.
- Customer coordination and interfacing with Product IPTs to support systems engineering activities relating to the Sentinel weapon system.
- Present at internal milestone and external customer CDR reviews.
- Lead efforts to integrate vertically and horizontally among stakeholders to ensure a consistent vision and implementation for the integrated nodes within the C&L system.
- Lead structured trade studies to evaluate alternative design solutions to resolve technical issues that impact multiple product teams with varying priorities and needs.
- Integrate design change and maturation requests by identifying and communicating impacts to other teams for inputs/consideration.
- Identify gaps within the design and/or requirements; provide a path froward for resolution that is cost effective, innovative, and has minimal impact to other teams.
- Conduct technical analyses of product implementations, modifications, and enhancements to products in accordance with specifications.
- Recommend technical solutions in accordance with product specifications and recommend actions for coordinated product solution.
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with engineering, project managers, and the customer.
- Acts as primary contact for project activities, leading project status review sessions with leadership, stakeholders, and sub-contractors to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Support planning and executing the EMD SOW, proactively interfacing with other SE&I organizations and teams to ensure successful allocation and verification of requirements.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline with 14 years of related experience with a bachelor’s in science; 12 Years with a Masters
- Active Secret Clearance investigated within the last 6 years.
- Ability to obtain Special Program Access.
- 3+ years of Systems Engineering experience
- 2 years of MBSE experience
- 1+ year of experience with MBSE Tools such as Cameo, DOORS, Rhapsody
- 1 year of experience with verification planning.
- 1 year of experience with Requirement development and management
- Experience with ICBM programs
- Ability to lead a team of approximately 3-5 engineers and manage a small support team
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to brief Segment, Program and Customer leadership.
- Experience with certification or accreditation activities such as airworthiness, nuclear surety, or cybersecurity
- Extensive MBSE experience (3+ years)
- Extensive experience with MBSE Tools such as Cameo, DOORS, Rhapsody (3+ years)
- Active Sentinel special access clearance (PAR)
- Experience with Agile Development
- 1+ years’ experience as team lead and team development
- Experience with DoDAF standards and methods
- Extensive experience with DOORS requirements management and verification planning
- Experience with Critical Design Reviews
- Experience with complex system development on large programs
- Proven performance as an Engineering Leader in all phases of acquisition, design, integration, and execution. Candidate will require ability to rapidly assess and lend guidance to projects assigned to the organizational group as well as demonstrated mentoring and guidance to engineers.
- Active TS Clearance and Special Program Access
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.