Sentinel (GBSD) - Deployment Acceptance Test / Checkout Systems Sr Principal Systems Engineer - 10622
Requisition ID: R10123619
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems currently has an opening for a Sr. Principal Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Sentinel (GBSD) program. Learn more about the Sentinel program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do:
Supporting the Deployment and Manufacturing Deployment Engineering team, responsibilities will include:
- Work with both the Program and fellow Element Teams to develop and mature the touch labor requirements for Sentinel Deployment
- Work with teammates across a wide variety of disciplines and get intimately familiar with all aspects of the weapon system.
- Collaborate with program counterparts to develop supporting systems engineering and design artifacts.
- Contribute to system requirements development and analysis.
- Collaborate with industrial engineering teams on deployment scheduling requirements.
- Develop unifying model techniques, procedures, and processes (for touch labor technicians)
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
- Sr. Principal Systems Engineer: bachelor’s degree in science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) with 9 years’ experience; 7 years’ experience with a Masters’ degree; or 4 years’ experience with a PhD
- Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) Clearance
- 2 years of experience is systems engineering principles and processes.
- 2 years of experience in requirement’s management and verification/validation for complex multi-level systems and/or Systems of Systems
- 2 years of experience with coordinating & collaborating with other technical and administrative disciplines and Integrated Product Teams
- 3-4 years of experience with Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) programs or projects
- A current DoD Top Secret clearance with capability for SAP access
- Understanding of systems engineering principles and processes
- Proficiency with DOORS, Cameo, and/or other Systems Engineering toolsets
- Experience with Model- Driven Systems Engineering languages (SysML /UML) and concepts and CORE knowledge
- Subcontractor technical oversight experience, specific experience managing Engineering, Building, and Construction Firms
- Experience with military system and subsystem testing and qualification programs.
- Experience with building codes and specs, especially military construction
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.