Sentinel (GBSD) C&L Integration and Test SLP-A Principal Engineer System Test - 1951-1
Requisition ID: R10124415
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a C&L Integration and Test SLP-A Principal Engineer System Test. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Sentinel – Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You’ll Get To Do:
This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Sentinel (GBSD) program with integration and test activities for a new SLP-A Command & Control system being integrated into the Navy E-6B aircraft, as well as U.S. Navy and Northrop Grumman labs. Contributes to the technical planning of all I&T deliverables. Plans and conducts lab, ground and flight tests for development and formal verification of requirements for the SLP-A subsystem for the Sentinel program.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
•Synthesizing customer contractual needs and requirements into element test solutions that acknowledges technical schedule and cost constraints.
•Developing and preparing comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for segment-level systems testing.
•Coordinating integrated testing activities.
•Supporting development of the program Integrated Test Plan (ITP) for the Command and Launch subsystems.
•Reviewing and evaluating test requirements to ensure completeness of test program.
• Performing technical analysis of complete systems and prepare comprehensive system level evaluations.
•Overseeing supplier test activities in support or requirement verification and validation.
•Developing proof of concept test methodologies that support early risk reduction test execution to provide confidence in engineering solutions prior to verification and validation efforts.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• 5 years of related experience with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
• Demonstrated experience with USAF/USN aircraft test planning and test operations.
• 2 years of demonstrated experience in developing integration and test plans
• Understanding of systems engineering principles and processes, DOORS database, requirements decomposition and allocation, design and analysis
• Experience working in an AGILE environment with Scrum teams and using software such as JIRA and Confluence
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• US Citizenship with an Active Top-Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
• Experience with developing an Integrated Test Plan (ITP)
• Experience with testing of airborne-platform-based communications, command and control systems.
• Knowledge/experience with AF Instruction 99-103 Capabilities-Based Test & Evaluation
• Experience with developing and overseeing a supplier statement of work (SOW)
• Understanding of Model Based System Engineering principles, working experience with CAMEO
• Experience with ICBMs (MM, PK, Small Missile) or DOD programs
• Proficient in MS Office Products – Powerpoint, Word, Visio, Excel
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.