Sentinel (GBSD) Senior Principal System Test & Integration Engineer - 3278-1
Requisition ID: R10124465
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Principal System Test & Integration Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Sentinel – Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You’ll Get To Do:
• Perform the test design process along with the design, analysis and fabrication of specialty test equipment required for environmental testing and handling.
•Collaborate with other IPTs to define test objectives and requirements for test activities in the System Integration Labs.
•You will develop, plan, and execute Acceptance Test plans, as well as Audits and Reviews.
•Candidate will author system-level test information/planning sheets based on allocated requirements.
•Produce a test approach that maximizes the utility of the test while meeting the stringent schedule and technical requirements.
•This individual will be responsible for the integrated test strategy of the program.
•Perform engineering liaison fabrication activities for test hardware at outside vendor fabricators.
•Collaborate with other IPTs to define test objectives and requirements for test activities in the system integration labs.
•Produce test Concept of Operations (ConOps) flows that maximizes the utility of test resources while meeting the stringent schedule and technical requirements.
•Support the development of test requirements and detailed integration test plans, test information sheets (TIS), test procedures, test readiness reviews (TRRs), test data and test reports. Execute qualification and acceptance testing per those requirements, plans and procedures.
•Be the RTE on floor for assigned tests running floor ops and crew during the implementation of various tests while verifying and validating test flow down requirements.
•Interact with the customer and program leadership to define and maintain the technical baseline.
•Able to effectively communicate and present to project and program management, other technical managers, technical peers and customers.
•Works well in a team environment. Works comfortably with ambiguity of requirements.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• 9 years of related experience with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
• Experience in mechanical engineering design and analysis skills in the application of test hardware design along with the implementation of the design review process (DRR, PDR & CDR).
• Ability to read/generate, interpret and use layout and production drawings and CAD models.
• Direct experience and ability in the use of NX and/or CATIA V5.
• Knowledge of GD&T - ASME Y14.5M-2009.
• Working knowledge of system test integration and test principles and processes.
• Knowledge of systems engineering principles and processes.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• US Citizenship with an Active Top-Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
• Knowledge and use of test instrumentation and DAS type systems in regards to environmental testing (static loads, dynamic, modal, etc).
• Knowledge of CAMEO and/or MBSE principals and CPLM.
• Direct experience using the DOORS Requirements Management Database.
• Previous ‘hands-on’ test experience at any level of build (unit, element, segment, etc.).
• Previous experience with testing of integrated complex mission systems within spacecraft, ground systems, and/or aircraft along with their subsystem elements.
• Experience working both spacecraft and aircraft test environments.
• Working knowledge of FEMAP and/or other FEA S/W.
• Knowledge of model-based engineering.
• Excellent communication and organizational sills; strong interpersonal and analytic skills; works well in a team environment within all levels of the test integrated team structure.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.