Sentinel (GBSD) Principal / Sr Principal Systems Engineer - Support Equipment (6136)
Requisition ID: R10126055
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Support Equipment Systems Engineer in support of the Sentinel program. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities, and associated infrastructure. This position is in Roy, UT. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You’ll Get To Do
This position will be responsible for development of requirements/architecture/interfaces for Support Equipment for the GBSD system. Use CAMEO for architectural decomposition.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal level or Sr. Principal level
- Principal Engineer Systems: Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of experience with Bachelor's degree, 3 years of experience with Master's degree, 0 years of experience with PhD
- Sr Principal Engineer Systems: Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of experience with Bachelor's degree, 7 years of experience with Master's degree, 4 years of experience with PhD
- US Citizenship with an Active DoD Secret clearance, granted or re-investigated within last 6 years, or in Continuous Evaluation (CE)
- Ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) Clearanc
- Experience in CAMEO Architecture, MBSE, or Concept of Operations (CONOPS)
- Active TS Clearance
- MBSE experience
- CAMEO experience
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.