Sentinel (GBSD) Test Engineering Manager 3 - 8047-1
Requisition ID: R10129592
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Test Engineering Manager 3 to lead a Aircraft Integration & Test Team for the Sentinel program. This position will serve as the test lead for the Secondary Launch Platform - Airborne (SLP-A). The position is located in Roy, UT. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What You’ll Get To Do:
Leads a highly diverse team of engineers and supplier engineering teams performing test planning, test execution, and test reporting for a new Command & Control system being integrated into the Navy E-6B aircraft, as well as U.S. Navy and Northrop Grumman labs. Performs technical planning and product ownership of all I&T deliverables, and serves as the contract lead POC on site for SLP-A deliveries. Performs lab, ground, and flight tests for development and formal verification of requirements for the SLP-A subsystem for the Sentinel program. Serves as engineering focal point for integration of SLP-A capabilities into Sentinel flight tests (live missile launches) as part of the overall program test master plan.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of related experience or a Master’s Degree and 6 years of related experience
- 3 years of formal management experience
- US Citizenship with an Active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance and Special Program Access.
- 4 years of experience with aircraft flight test or complex system integration on a military aircraft
- 2 years of Cost/Schedule responsibility as Cost Account Manager (CAM)
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- US Citizenship with an Active Top-Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
- Graduate of DoD or National Test Pilot School
- Experience of leadership of dynamic, high visibility flight test execution
- 2 years of NAVAIR flight test experience
- Strategic Systems Command and Control experience
- Operates independently with little to no supervision, and the ability to establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, peers, and customers
- Strong background in managing and developing test and verification requirements
- Expertise in agile processes and Atlassian tools
- Able to assimilate information from multiple sources, create coherent plans and then execute those plans
- Background of working with and/or managing a contractor/supplier team
- Experience leading technical teams of 20 people or more.
- Effectively communicate and present to project and program management, other technical managers and customers
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.