Consulting Engineer Mission Architect - Top Secret Clearance Required (Space/Satellite Systems)
Requisition ID: R10119626
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Dulles, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Program Chief Engineer to lead a new program. This position is based in Dulles, VA but includes extensive cross-site coordination and travel.
The Waimea 1 (W1) Chief Engineer position requires an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness to lead the technical planning and execution across multiple complex programs. This individual is viewed as expert within the field of Systems Engineering within the Sector. This position requires effective communication to the highest levels (Director/VPs). Given the complexity of the program, the W1 Chief Engineer needs to be adept at problem solving and providing solutions on a cross-division program team.
As the Chief Engineer, this individual will be the definitive technical authority for all aspects of engineering on a critical, cross-division study and competitive pursuit. The Chief Engineer:
- Leads a multi-disciplined engineering team managing the technical performance of the program meeting cost and schedule requirements including subcontracted elements.
- Coordinates requirements development, hardware/software design, verification, and validation activities.
- Ensures that the program is adhering to sound engineering processes in the development, production, test, and sustainment of products for our customers and is compliance with company policies, procedures, and quality standards.
- Maintains cognizance over technical activities within program IPTs and ensures horizontal integration of the best engineering practices across the company.
- Continually coordinates with the systems engineering and program integration team manager to ensure the execution of program statement of work, consistent technical baselines and serves as the technical point of contact with the customer.
The W1 Chief Engineer will be responsible to lead, uncover, and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs. This individual will be a key contributor to establishing the pursuit strategy, R&D efforts, and recommended technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives for the TSSD division. The work accomplished will support long-range strategic goals for the business area. The W1 Chief Engineer serves as consultant to senior leadership in long-range company planning concerning new or projected areas of technological research and advancements.
Prior experience leading a large, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, cross-site team is essential. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, for both up-and-out communication to executive leadership and the customer, and for down-and-in detailed technical guidance to the program team. This individual will be the prime spokesperson on company's technical capabilities and future directions for this mission area. This individual will be instrumental in attracting and obtaining major new company business.
- Must be U.S. Citizen with active or current TS/SCI Clearance
- BS in Engineering & 20 years experience or Masters Degree and 12 years experience
- Must be willing to travel 25-50% (CONUS)
- Space systems engineering experience, to include: architectural studies, technical baseline definition, requirements & interface management, hardware/software integration, and test planning & execution
- Prior experience leading large, multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Prior experience with space systems mission architecture design, development, and implementation, including identification and definition of key system internal and external interfaces
- Prior experience with space systems engineering, including space vehicle and payload design, development, and integration, including development of payload and ground interfaces
- Experience and/or training in Earned Value Management Systems
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.