Sr. Staff Systems Architect Engineer - Top Secret Clearance Required (Satellite/Space Systems)
Requisition ID: R10128808
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Dulles, Virginia, United States of America | Gilbert, Arizona, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Systems Division is seeking a platform Chief Engineer (CE) to lead an existing product line within the Space Security business unit. This position is based in either Dulles, VA or Gilbert, AZ and includes regular cross-site coordination and travel.
The ESPASat Chief Engineer oversees the technical baseline management and execution of all aspects of engineering including design, development, implementation, integration, testing, and delivery of product to the customer. Scope may include mission development, space segment, ground segment, and launch segment integration, depending on contract. requires an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness to lead the technical planning and execution across multiple complex missions and programs. This individual is viewed as expert in the field of Systems Engineering within the division. This job requires an understanding of designing and testing to risk tolerant missions.
- Coordinates with the systems engineering and program management to ensure the execution of program statement of work, consistent technical baselines and serves as the technical point of contact with the customer.
- Ensures successful requirements development, hardware/software design, verification, and validation activities
- Leads teams in root cause analysis and troubleshooting of complex highly visible failures along with implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
- Coordinates across the Integrated Product Team and serves as a mentor to both Deputy Chief Engineers as well as Lead Systems Engineers.
- Chairs major engineering review and readiness as well as configuration control boards.
- Ensures that the program is adhering to sound engineering processes in the development, production, test, and sustainment of products for our customers and is compliance with company policies, procedures, and quality standards.
- Maintains cognizance over technical activities within program IPTs and ensures horizontal integration of the best engineering practices across the company.
- Must be U.S. Citizen with active or current TS Clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 14+ Years; 12+ Years with Masters, 9+ years with PhD
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% (CONUS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, for both up-and-out communication to leadership (Directors/VPs) and the customer as well as down-and-in detailed technical guidance to the program team.
- Ability to effectively interface with program leadership, functional management, customers, and technical subject matter experts
- Prior experience with space systems engineering, including space vehicle and payload design, development, and integration, including development of payload and ground interfaces
- Prior experience leading large, multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Prior experience with space systems mission architecture design, development, and implementation, including identification and definition of key system internal and external interfaces
- Class C or D space systems engineering experience, to include: architectural studies, technical baseline definition, requirements & interface management, hardware/software integration, and test planning & execution
- Experience and/or training in Earned Value Management Systems
- High rate production experience or Lean/Six Sigma training
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.