Systems Engineer, Secret Clearance
Requisition ID: R10125803
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Langley AFB, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Interim Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking Systems Engineers to support the Combat Air Force (CAF) Disturbed Training Center (DTC) at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA. The Distributed Mission Operations Network (DMON) enables Combat Air Force (CAF) crews around the world to securely connect with other sites in virtual training and exercises. DMON allows CAF crews to seamlessly interoperate and train together in a high-fidelity, realistic virtual environment.
The primary responsibility is to support Combat Air Force Distributed Training Center Computer Generated Forces (CGF) systems and simulation support applications in Distribution Mission Operations Network DMON events by configuration, networking, to CAF DMO standards issues.
Responsibilities will include:
- Operation and troubleshooting of developed systems.
- Documentation of new and existing processes
- Monitoring, controlling and isolating problems in a data communication network
- Provide first and/or second-level problem determination and provide needed support.
- support for internal customers as well as external customers at the sites and DMON stakeholders
- Functions as a member of the DTC System Admin and Information Assurance staff for problem escalation and resolution as required.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years' experience or a Master's degree with 3 Years experience or Hogh School diploma / Equivalent with 9 years' experience may be considered in Lieu of degree.
- Active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret DoD security clearance and eligibility for Tier 1 access
- Meet DoD 8570 Certifications Requirements (e.g. Security+ Certification, and/or CISSP)
- Familiarity with network hardware including but not limited to Cisco switches, routers, boundary protection (firewalls, intrusion protection devices/intrusion detection devices, etc.) and various other network managed devices
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework
- Good understanding of network protocols and basic network troubleshooting
- Ability to travel, 10% or less, both domestically and internationally
- Experience with Distributed Mission Operations (DMO) events
- Military Aviation or Operations Experience
- Experience operating and configuring virtualized environments, VMware, ESXi, thin client configuration, and/or virtual machines
- Strong understanding and use of networking principles and command line interface (Network+ and/or CCNA)
- Familiar with Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS), High Level Architecture (HLA), and/or Test and Training Enabling Architecture (TENA) protocols
- Experience capturing network traffic and conducting packet analysis
- Experience with security architectures, firewalls, and network security controls.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Experience in modeling and simulation environment.
- Experience with Computer Generated Forces (CGF) applications
- Experience in Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating System installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and security processes & procedures
- Experience with software development
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.