Manager Field Engineering Services 1
Requisition ID: R10127299
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Unknown, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Manager, Field Engineering Services (1) for our Launcher Systems business unit. The successful candidate for this opportunity will be responsible for supervising/managing Field Service Engineers who are engaged in the repairs of Northrop Grumman shipboard power generation and main propulsion on U.S. Naval Ships. This position can be worked remotely.
Focus areas will include:
- Direct customer interface during the contracting, planning and execution phases of the repair efforts.
- Job cost estimation, material reccomendations, coordinating shipment of tools and materials, customer facility access, project manning, and facilitating on-site repair efforts.
Works with MLS internal departments to secure additional funding when needed and supports billing efforts.
- Coordinating support from internal Northrop Grumman assets as needed to complete the repair effort.
- Reviewing technical reports, and manager Field Service administrative requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 6+ years in the repair/service of shipboard machinery or equivalent
- Solid technical and working knowledge of shipboard turbine driven power generation and propulsion machinery and support systems.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, SAP)
- Able to manage multiple projects in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Able to obtain a DoD security clearance
- Prior Field Service Engineering experience
- Familiarity with VA SSTG, MPU, CG-47 MRG, LHD MPU, CVN-68 SSTG Ford Class SSTGs a plus.
- Shipyard experience a plus
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.