Manager Field Engineering Services 2
Requisition ID: R10123995
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Silverdale, Washington, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Marine Systems-Silverdale, WA specializes in the material sustainment and support of the U.S. Navy’s Ohio class submarine ballistic missile launchers and associated launcher support equipment and is seeking an Operations Supervisor at our location on Naval Base Kitsap, WA.
SWS Operations Supervisor overseeing professional employees who provide technical support to SWFPAC SSBN waterfront operations, Squadrons 17/19, Naval Submarine Support Center (NSSC), Intermediate Maintenance Facility (IMF) and Trident Training Facility (TTF) at NBK, and SSGN operations at Indian Island. Provide coordination between Production and Quality Groups. Responsible to West Coast Operations Manager, assisting as required in the management and execution of contract, contract budget, coordination of internal teams, personnel, communications, and reporting to the home office. Will ensure that quality, safety, training and technical data program requirements per the Quality Operations Manual are implemented and followed. Ensure qualified personnel are available, provide direction to accomplish contractual requirements within budget, and give technical presentations to company and government representatives. Establish and maintain customer relations, coordination of functional organizations and coordination of customer resources. Ensure CDRL items are prepared and delivered to meet contractual requirements. Respond to the customer on technical, planning and schedule inquiries.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Directly supervise Waterfront Support Engineering team at both Naval Base Kitsap – Bangor, and Puget Sound Naval Shipyard.
- Ensure NG Field Support at Explosive Handling Wharf(s), Trident Refit Facility, Trident Training Facility, PSNS, and Naval Magazine Indian Island is provided as specified per contractual requirements.
- Develop and foster a team environment. Be an example of Northrop Grumman’s leadership characteristics and values.
- Earn all contractual incentives without compromising safety or violating procedural compliance.
- Manage direct charge and indirect charge labor hours for direct reports. Keep supervisor informed of schedule and cost challenges that affect labor hours.
- Develop and sustain customer relationships through personal meetings, email, and phone calls.
- Ensure direct reports are well trained, cross trained, and able to provide the technical expertise to troubleshoot and repair submarine launchers and all launcher support equipment.
- Keep supervisor informed of all significant submarine launcher or launcher support equipment casualties and estimated time to repair. Include periodic updates until repairs are complete.
- Ensure all engineering decisions made for any non-conformances of launcher equipment are communicated to the customer with recommendations for resolution.
- Ensure a safe work environment that complies with U.S. Navy, Northrop Grumman, and OSHA standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years of Ballistic Missile program experience; Masters Degree with 6 years of Ballistic Missile program experience; PhD + 3 years of Ballistic Missile program experience; 12 years of Ballistic Missile program experience in lieu of a Bachelors degree.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a DOD Secret clearance.
- Experience managing or leading teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field with 8 years’ experience, or educational equivalent, leading multidisciplinary technical teams.
- Experience in the U.S. Navy’s Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Program as well as in the OHIO Class Trident II D5 Missile Strategic Weapon System (SWS) and its Launcher Subsystem and related Launcher Support Equipment.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Top Secret clearance.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.