Maintenance Technician 3
Requisition ID: R10130056
- Category: Facilities/Real Estate
- Location: San Diego, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Level 3 Maintenance Technician to support our Facilities Engineering Team located on site in San Diego, CA.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for but not limited to maintenance trades: carpentry, plumbing, painting, machine and equipment repair, electrical, and HVAC.
- Customer support includes setting up for site and executive events, coordination with multiple stakeholders and require a high attention to detail
- Activities may include drywall, patch, paint, build and relocate furniture as required
- Support Facilities Construction Project Managers on facilities projects and all other assigned job duties and tasks as assigned
- Plumbing repairs to include water leaks, stoppages, faucets, toilets, and urinals
- Recognizing HVAC and electrical issues for referral to vendors when required
- Shift: 4/10 B shift (6:00am-4:30pm/Tues-Fri)
- High School Diploma/GED and 4 years of experience working in the manufacturing industry and/or construction environment
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
- Strong computer, math, analytical, and planning skills
- Able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Current DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience using Maximo Data Base for work tickets and job assignments
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to solve problems
- Willingness to meet customer needs
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
We offer flexible work arrangements, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
At Northrop Grumman, we are on the cutting edge of innovation-- building the next generation of sophisticated aircraft to protect our country. Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive, family environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.