Level 3 HVAC Mechanic
Requisition ID: R10123015
- Category: Facilities/Real Estate
- Location: Melbourne, Florida, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Level 3 HVAC Mechanic to provide support to our Aerospace Structures team located on site in Melbourne, Florida.
- Installs, services, modifies, rebuilds, and repairs air-conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment in an industrial or commercial establishment in accordance with applicable building codes and safety regulations
- Performs periodic inspection to locate and determine cause of equipment malfunctions
- Conducts maintenance program to prevent failure of such equipment as centrifugal compressors, electrical controls, evaporative condensers, pumps, fans, and heating equipment
- Charges air-conditioning systems with refrigerant; checks and tests for leaks
- Sets and adjusts controls and regulators
- Fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork; overhauls equipment
- May service, modify, and maintain centralized HVAC computer systems and make program corrections
- May be required to install and maintain high-technology clean room environments
- Typically requires completion of a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience
Basic Qualifications for a Level 3 HVAC Mechanic:
- High School Diploma/GED and 4 years of experience in HVAC, Chillers, Cooling Tower, Plumbing and Mechanical Systems
- Active Driver's License
- Able to obtain/maintain a Security Clearance
- Chiller and cooling power experience
- Maximo Experience
- Flexibility to occasionally work off shifts and weekends when required
- Electrical Juryman’s license
- Welding experience/certification
- Plumbing Juryman’s license
- Hands-on experience with Generators and UPS’s
- Fire system maintenance/modification experience/certification
- Active, In scope DoD Top Secret or SCI clearance
We offer phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly collaborative workplace. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do. Does this sound like you?
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself! Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
At Northrop Grumman, we are innovating-- building the next generation of sophisticated aircraft to protect our country. Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive, family environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.