Maintenance Technician 3
Requisition ID: R10117156
- Category: Facilities/Real Estate
- Location: Iuka, Mississippi, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift 12 hrs - Fri, Sat, Sun (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician 3 to support our Maintenance Team in our Iuka, Mississippi location.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
- The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Position will be C shift, working 12-hour shifts Friday, Saturday and Sunday (7:00am-7:00pm). The employee will perform duties and train on day shift until clearance is obtained and then will transition to C shift.
- Preform mechanical and or electrical troubleshooting on all equipment. This is a multi-craft position.
- Perform routine mechanical/electrical/electronic preventative maintenance on plant equipment including but not limited to CNC machines, Boilers, Fiber Placement Machines, Robotic arms, Autoclaves, Ovens, HVAC, General electrical and lighting, Air compressors, Hydraulic systems, Overhead Bridge Cranes. Personnel vehicles, etc.
- Be able to manage self and work schedule well.
- Be able to examine issues with machines and processes, define corrective actions necessary, and implement actions with the team.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years of experience working in the manufacturing industry as a Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician.
- Strong computer (including Microsoft office), math, analytical, and planning skills.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a DOD Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to lift / move up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to wear respirator or other safety gear.
- Ability to be subject to areas which could cause various phobias due to height or closed spaces.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong electrical/electronics knowledge base
- Technical Degree or some college.
- Controls experience including box building and plc programming/troubleshooting.
- Experience working on and troubleshooting multi-axis automated machines.
- Basic networking and computer skills.
- Ability to operate a mill and lathe to assist with tooling needs.
- General mechanical skills.
- Signals and systems analysis (ultrasonic inspection systems).
- Experience with FMMS systems and electronic work order tracking.
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to solve problems (think outside the box for solutions).
- Willingness to meet customer needs.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment.
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence.
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated/self-reliant, team player.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.