Maintenance Janitor 1
Requisition ID: R10130143
- Category: Facilities/Real Estate
- Location: Iuka, Mississippi, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift 12 hrs - Fri, Sat, Sun (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Maintenance Janitor 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Iuka, Mississippi.
- Maintains premises, rest and working areas of offices and industrial buildings in clean and orderly condition.
- Performs a combination of dusting furniture, walls, fixtures, or equipment; sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, waxing, or buffing floors; removing refuse; polishing furniture, fixtures, or trimmings; providing janitorial supplies; and cleaning lavatories, showers, or rest rooms.
- Cleaning Epoxy, linoleum, tile and other floor surfaces
- Shampooing rugs and carpets
- Emptying trash cans
- Changing air filters and cleaning vents
- Dusting disinfecting all surfaces.
- Waxing floors
- Ordering new cleaning supplies as needed
- Washing windows
- Maintaining a thorough inventory
- Using equipment, commercial vacuums, floor buffers and carpet cleaners
- Collecting and taking out trash and recycling
- Shift: C shift - 12 Hrs (7:00am-7:00pm Friday-Sunday)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Working knowledge of general aspects of the job
- Ability to perform routine work with detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments
We offer phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly collaborative workplace. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do. Does this sound like you?
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself! Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
At Northrop Grumman, we are innovating-- building the next generation of sophisticated aircraft to protect our country. Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive, family environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.