Sentinel (GBSD) Construction Engineer - 9150
Requisition ID: R10118080
- Category: Facilities/Real Estate
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Construction Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT in support of the Sentinel Program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Effectively process subcontractor submittals in accordance with both the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Sentinel Infrastructure protocols
- Be very familiar with the quality inspections process
- Be very familiar with the site-specific Accident Prevention Plan (APP)
- Closely track the construction project schedule
- Interface with customer representative as required
- Maintain a daily construction log
- Encourage, lead, and/or participate in staff training and development
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- 2 years of experience with Bachelors in Science; 0 years with Masters Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Engineering Management; 4 additional years of relevant experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP).
- Documentable training and field experience on construction products including industrial, aerospace or defense projects.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience in large scale construction management or construction trade preferably on Department of Defense and/or missile contracts.
- Must be able to present a professional demeanor while dealing with both subcontractors, clients and peers.
- Ability to process a large volume of construction submittals and Requests for Information (RFI).
- Prior experience on large-scale projects with tight deadlines.
- Prior experience on projects with limited work space available.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.