Construction Engineer 2 (Space/Satellite Systems)
Requisition ID: R10128932
- Category: Facilities/Real Estate
- Location: Dulles, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
We are seeking a Construction Engineer to work in our Dulles, VA location. The qualified person will plan, design and oversee the construction of new or expanded facilities. Prepare architectural, engineering, and cost estimates, functional studies, construction plans, specifications, and schedules. Obtains and supervises outside contractors. Recommend architectural and engineering design procedures and standards for the planning and design of facilities. Supervise the detailed design, budgetary costing, standardized construction, and final inspection of facility projects. Conduct construction surveillance to ensure adherence to contractual requirements. Provide engineering consulting services to local and divisional offices.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
General frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques. Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks.
Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of increasing scope and complexity as assigned
Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Failure to achieve results or inadequate work product should be detected by supervisory oversight but may cause delay in program schedules and allocation of additional resources
- 2 years of experience with Bachelors in Science; 0 years with Masters Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Engineering Management;
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP).
- Documentable training and field experience on construction products including industrial, aerospace or defense projects.
- Experience in large scale construction management or construction trade preferably on Government related programs, aerospace and defense manufacturing production facilities.
- Must be able to present a professional demeanor while dealing with both subcontractors, clients and peers.
- Ability to process a large volume of construction documentation: submittals and Requests for Information (RFI), Statement of Work (SOW), Change management logs, stack holder sheets and communications/risk management approaches.
- Prior experience on large-scale projects with tight deadlines.
- Prior experience on projects with limited work space available.
- Experience in Microsoft Professional Suite: Project, excel, word, ppt., PDF modification/viewer software (i.e. Bluebeam), Autocad, NavisWorks
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.