Maintenance Trainer- Secret
Requisition ID: R10121426
- Category: Flight Operations
- Location: Edwards AFB, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Put your skills to the test by pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. From global defense to sustainment and modernization to mission readiness, your experience and ability will make it a reality. Our programs are built on equal parts of curiosity and collaboration. Our combined effort means our customers can connect and defend millions of people around the world. With Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to be an essential part of projects that will define your career, now and in the future.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a Maintenance Trainer position at Edwards Air Force Base, CA. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing training systems, facilitating classroom, self-paced, and practical instruction in support of safe maintenance, repair, and operation of aircraft, aircraft systems, ground equipment, tools, test equipment, stores and facilities, according to established procedures. Responsible for analyzing current operating problems and future operating requirements to identify training needs and develop training programs. Writes, edits, and sustains materials for technical instruction.
Provides support and assistance to all divisions in determining their training needs and developing and conducting their maintenance training programs. Establishes and directs the maintenance of program wide training and qualification record system. Maintains currency in technical developments, technical training, audiovisual techniques, and should be proficient in teaching methodologies.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 7 years of related training experienced; or 3 years of training experience with Bachelor’s Degree or 1 year with a Master’s.
- Experience in military or civilian aircraft maintenance.
- Experience as a military or civilian aircraft maintenance trainer.
- Experience in training content delivery and instructor methodologies.
- Experience with using Microsoft Office Suite, Learning Content Management Systems, Learning Management Systems, or other related software suites.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, utilize subject matter experts, team members, and established processes to create and sustain training materials under minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills as well as oral and written communication skills are required for the position.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include alternate/second shifts, extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel. Additionally, must be able to obtain and maintain a valid U.S. passport, willing to complete required travel training, and accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 90 days away from primary work location.
- Must have an active Secret DoD clearance with ability to maintain that clearance.
- Must have the ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission is a condition of employment.
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Formal Military Instructor Certification/Degree
- Degree in the field of Education
- Experience in courseware development
- Experience with Articulate Storyline
- Experience with Advanced Training Management System (ATMS) or similar Learning/Training Management System
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.