Flight Inspector 3
Requisition ID: R10129894
- Category: Flight Operations
- Location: Manhattan Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman SSSD has an opening for a Flight Inspector 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Manhattan Beach, CA.
Job Responsibilities to include but are not limited to:
· Performs 1st article, in-process, and final inspection on microelectronic fabrication or circuit card assembly
· Performs analyses and tests of raw materials, packaging materials, and/or finished products from manufacturing, to ensure quality standards and compliance to customer and regulatory requirements, and tolerance specifications for the chemical or physical property.
· Performs a variety of qualitative tests or qualitative assays on samples, and to aid in maintenance and certification of test instruments and apparatus to ensure compliance.
· Prepares and monitors quality statistics and reports.
· Trains quality personnel on proper process execution
· Reviews production records for conformance to procedures. Conducts non-conformance tests of manufactured, packaged or tested product.
· Reviews, analyzes, and possesses knowledge and ability to use inspection equipment such as Microscopes, Micrometers, Calipers, Optical Comparators, etc.
· Understands basic handling and cleanliness required for ESD sensitive devices.
· Assist in the investigation of problems and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies.
· Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
· The candidate must have an understanding of microelectronic fabrication, circuit card assembly, complex assemblies and unit level testing.
· Candidate must be able to work 2nd shift after completing, potentially 6 months training on 1st shift.
· High School Diploma or equivalent plus 4 years of additional education and/or related experience
· Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance
· Experience working with inspection equipment such as Microscopes, Micrometers, Calipers, or Optical Comparators, etc.
· Ability to read, interpret, and/or communicate engineering drawings, schematics, specs or other technical documents
· Experience in one or more of the following: inspecting and communicating defects for electronic assemblies, electrical testing, and/or interfacing directly with customers
· Experience using Microsoft Office
· Previous aerospace industry experience
· Familiarity with chip architecture elements such as Substrate, Mimic and Getters.
· Proficiency with SAP, and Solumina software suites
· Active DoD Government Clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.