Northrop Grumman (DoD Skillbridge) Deployable Aircraft Mechanic 3, Palmdale, CA
Requisition ID: R10100168
- Category: Flight Operations
- Location: Palmdale, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 50% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
As one of the largest global security companies in the world, Northrop Grumman is proud to help our nation’s military personnel make the transition to civilian careers. Approximately 1/4th of Northrop Grumman’s 90,000 employees self-identifies as veterans, and more than 1,600 are reservists. The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29. The NG-MIP program is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as Active-duty service members.
Responsibilities for this internship position are:
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop Grumman – Military Internship Program (DoD SkillBridge) utilizing the DoDI guidance for Skillbridge. During this program the service member will be on-site at his or her host company performing an individual internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. The service member will be on the job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
Goals – Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.
Objectives - Service Members who complete the Intern program will be highly trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission “Defining Possible” on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.
Outcome – Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.
DoD SkillBridge Eligibility:
- Has served at least 180 days on active duty
- Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
- Will receive an honorable discharge
- Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
- Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
- Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship
Put your skills to the test by pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. From global defense to sustainment and modernization to mission readiness, your experience and ability will make it a reality. Our programs are built on equal parts of curiosity and collaboration. Our combined effort means our customers can connect and defend millions of people around the world. With Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to be an essential part of projects that will define your career, now and in the future.
Are you ready to put your experience to work at Northrop Grumman? If so, our Defense Systems wants you to join our team as a Deployable Aircraft Mechanic 3 for a rotational OCONUS program based out of Palmdale, Ca.
You will be responsible for performing minor structural repairs and modifications. Troubleshoots, repairs and services aircraft and engine systems. Conducts diagnosis of malfunctions. Performs maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions, and FAA regulations. Fabricates, installs and tests installation, routing, clamping and wiring harnesses. Reads wiring diagrams and blueprints.
You may receive additional training and be cross utilized into aircraft low observable maintenance to fulfill the daily activities and duties required to meet contract requirements. Low Observable tasks include repair of composite or metallic structures, and sanding, stripping, testing, masking and other preparation tasks.
Assigned work locations are Palmdale and Edwards AFB, Ca.
1. A minimum of 4 years of direct relevant experience and a High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
3. Have and maintain a valid U.S. passport.
4. Ability to accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 180 days away from primary work location and must meet medical requirements which includes fully vaccinated for worldwide travel.
5. A current DoD Top Secret clearance with ability to maintain that clearance.
6. The ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission.
7. Meets DoD Skillbridge Qualifications as per DODI 1322.29
1. Operational experience
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.