Aircraft Electrician - Level 2/3 (Military & Veterans Encouraged to Apply)
Requisition ID: R10128594
- Category: Flight Operations
- Location: Palmdale, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
If you join Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems in this position, you will assist our Manufacturing Operations Organization as an Aircraft Electrician - Level 2/3 supporting our Palmdale site.
This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail, top focus on quality and excellent people skills. This is a full-time position located in sunny Palmdale, CA.
If you are intrigued by this opportunity keep reading below.
- Electrical assembly and wire harness installation
- Checks, tests, and troubleshoots electrical systems for conformance to specifications and performs repair, removal, and reinstallation of wiring as necessary.
- Cuts wire to length, strips insulation from wire ends, and insulates connections with plastic sleeves.
- Attaches wire or complicated electrical systems to fixtures and accessories such as: transformers, instrument panels, and switchboards with fasteners (bolts, screws, or solder)
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Able to obtain half & full-face respirator certification.
- Daily usage of manufacturing shop controls and systems
- Use of appropriate PPE when working on the shop floor
- Recommend and implement continuous improvement activities in production methods, equipment performance and team effectiveness.
- Level 2 - Minimum 2 Years/Level 3 - Minimum of 5 years’ electrical experience in an aerospace, automotive, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, and working overhead.
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment.
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam in order to obtain and maintain necessary respirator clearance and compliance with all respirator fitting requirements. .
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top-Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- The ability to utilize a computer for basic functions (including navigating through windows operating system, getting online, executing online training modules and ability to be trained using on the job software.
- The ability to work 1st “5 AM – 3:30 PM” or 2nd shift “4:12 PM – 2:42 AM” and any work schedule.
- Level 2 - Minimum 2 Years/Level 3 - Minimum of 5 years’ electrical experience in an aerospace environment with background in avionics, pinons, dmates, soft mats, hard mats, wire harnesses (tear down and builds), and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Active DOD secret clearance with an investigation date/periodic review within the last 5 years.
- Completion of A&P certificate program.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.