Director, Test Pilot Engineering 1
Requisition ID: R10129952
- Category: Flight Operations
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. We have a wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies. Our differentiated battle management and cyber solutions deliver timely, mission-enabling information and provide superior situational awareness and understanding to protect the U.S. and its global allies.
Oversee all aspects of mission system flight testing to include text fixture design, procurement, production, aircraft integration and eventual airborne flight test for over 40 programs per year. Ensure full FAA and DoD airworthiness compliance for entire aircraft fleet for airborne operations as well as aircraft modifications and maintenance. Oversee all aspects of the Sector maritime target assets to include full Coast Guard compliance for crew and the vessels. Ensure maritime target requirements are met across the mission system portfolio. Oversee departmental capital resources and projects to ensure optimum test readiness of both the aircraft and maritime fleet. Oversee and manage the professional development of the flight test and maritime test personnel. Maintain a strong liaison with the Sector leadership and strategic initiatives to optimize test resource availability and configurations with appropriate Sector/Corporate priority programs.
- Bachelor degree with STEM discipline or Bachelor degree and appropriate experience leading technical teams
- Minimum 10 years of experience with DoD-related flight test activities
- Graduate of military test pilot school long course (NavyTest Pilot School, Air Force Test Pilot School, Empire Test Pilot School (UK), or EPNER Test Pilot School (FR)
- Active DoD Secret or DoE equivalent with the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret security clearance
- Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations regarding Experimental certificated aircraft operations and maintenance
- MS in engineering discipline
- Experience with Experimental R&D aircraft operations
- Experience with mission system integration/modifications to aircraft
- Qualified experimental test pilot with over 1500 hrs PIC
- Ability to maintain FAA Class II medical qualification
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.