Aircraft Structures Mechanic 1
Requisition ID: R10129077
- Category: Flight Operations
- Location: Clearfield, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Put your skills to the test by pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. From global defense to sustainment and modernization to mission readiness, your experience and ability will make it a reality. Our programs are built on equal parts of curiosity and collaboration. Our combined effort means our customers can connect and defend millions of people around the world. With Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to be an essential part of projects that will define your career, now and in the future.
Are you ready to put your experience to work at Northrop Grumman? If so, our Aeronautics Systems sector is currently seeking Aircraft Structures Mechanics based in Clearfield, Utah. You will be responsible for performing part-fitting operations such as filing, sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling, and reaming. Measuring parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions. Modifying incomplete and complete assemblies to incorporate changes to structure. Monitoring and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- DoD Secret Security Clearance and special program access required to start, but not required to apply
- Able to read and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, process specifications, technical manuals, written instructions, test procedures, etc.
- Ability to work flexible, changing shifts, including weekends
- This position requires the ability to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, carrying tools, lifting up to 50 pounds and working overhead
- Active DoD Secret level security clearance
- A&P License
- Composite experience and/or certification
- Previous composite, manufacturing, or production experience
- Demonstrated ability using standard measuring equipment and power hand tools
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, technical specifications and operating procedures
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.