Aircraft Structures Mechanic 3
Requisition ID: R10129084
- Category: Flight Operations
- Location: Clearfield, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) is looking for you to join our team as an Aircraft Structures Mechanic 3 based out of Clearfield, UT.
This position may support our weekday night or weekend day shift.
What You’ll get to Do: As an Aircraft Structures Mechanic you work on the next generation composite structures. This job involves the fabrication of composite hardware using a variety of methods such as hand layup, bonding, assembly, trimming and final finishing. It will require development of skills to competently perform tasks designed to produce product that meet our customer expectations. Tasks may be in team environments or individual based.
If selected, final clearance must be obtained prior to start.
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of 4 years of experience in an aerospace environment
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret Security Clearance and special program access within a reasonable period of time as determined by the needs of the business
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible/changing schedules and weekends
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Special Program Access
- Composite experience and/or certification
- Previous composite, manufacturing, or production experience
- Demonstrated ability using standard measuring equipment and power hand tools
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, technical specifications and operating procedures
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.