Mechanical Engineer – Space Sector
Requisition ID: R10047082
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Gilbert, AZ, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 3
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space work connects and protects millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Mechanical Engineer for I&T. This position will be located at our Space Systems Sector in Gilbert, AZ.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Tactical Space Systems.
In this position, you will perform duties contributing to Integration and Test (I&T) activities for space vehicle systems and their supporting hardware. I&T Mechanical Engineers coordinate and oversee mechanical build and production operations performed by the technical staff. You could will support and/or be responsible for developing detailed work instructions or test procedures, providing technical insight to, processes, support hardware designs, etc. that adhere to the requirements for the space vehicle being tested. Tasks may include ensuring the work center is set up and all elements are in place for work each day, including maintaining a safe, clean and productive work environment, reporting daily status to I&T Managers, addressing off nominal and non-conforming conditions, creating robust corrective actions and providing mentor guidance to other engineers and support staff. Other duties include testing space flight hardware where it is expected that the systems under test are well understood, and the test constraints and hazards identified to ensure the safety of personnel and the space flight hardware at all times. Test results will be analyzed and determinations made by the operator to ensure that the space flight hardware is both healthy and operating as expected. You will become knowledgeable in aerospace systems, spacecraft subsystems design, or mission operations. You will be working in a team environment where the team will be responsible for all I&T activities for the space vehicle from the generation of work instructions, through test and often including launch activities. You will have the opportunity to interact with many cross functional organizations. being tested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and 2 years of related experience OR Master’s Degree and 0 years of experience
- Experience in one or more of the following areas; integration, test, mechanical operations, or manufacturing
- Ability to undergo and obtain a DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Previous experience in space vehicle I&T
- Demonstrated ability/desire to lead a team of less experienced engineers
- Practical experience with 5S/FOD, ESD and Six Sigma and/or Lean manufacturing techniques
- Experience with design modeling and drawing efforts using 3-D modeling tools
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia