Manager Systems Engineering 2 Top Secret Clearance Required (Satellite/Space Systems)
Requisition ID: R10047188
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Gilbert, AZ, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 2
The selected candidate will be a key Systems Engineering functional leader and will help to build, develop and manage mission engineers. In addition, they will be responsible for identifying NSS resource needs (people, tools, areas, support services) and working with stakeholders to address these needs.
- Managing technical personnel assigned to a department with a size of approximately 15-20 team members.
- Ensure qualified and experienced personnel (and supporting design and analysis tools and other resources) are assigned to meet the staffing needs of programs, and track and execute peer reviews for major program events.
- The role includes all aspects of staff management, including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, training, coaching/mentoring, career development, performance management, compensation management, and separation of assigned employees.
- Will be a working technical leader on one or more programs – the split between direct and indirect is approximately 80%/20%.
- Regarding program technical leader role, the candidate will be responsible for technical, cost, and schedule requirements of pre-proposal efforts, proposal development, design and development, internal/customer design reviews, technical documentation, program implementation, launch and mission operations, and disposal.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk management, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Five years + experience in Systems Engineering for space, ground or mission critical applications.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Technical Field with 9 + years of experience, or Masters of Science Degree in technical field 7 + years of experience.
- 2 years leadership experience.
- Must have U.S. Citizenship with active or current Top Secret Clearance.
- Masters Degree with 7+ years experience.
- U.S. Citizenship with active or current TS/SCI Clearance
- Supervisory experience
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia