Principal Electronics Engineer – Top Secret
Requisition ID: R10047586
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Gilbert, AZ, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, advances human discovery and improves our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future while having fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Systems is looking for a Level 3 Engineer Electronics for our Gilbert, AZ facility.
- Develops Test Procedures and Performs Functional Testing on Satellites and Electronic Hardware.
Job Knowledge/Technical Skills –
- Broad understanding and application of electrical engineering technical standards.
- Broad technical expertise and working knowledge of other related disciplines. Prepares and presents electrical engineering materials for Requirements and Design Reviews.
- Problem Solving/Innovation - With minimal guidance, studies basic design concepts and criteria for more complex problems. Applies electrical engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature.
- Requirements Derivation/ Test Development - Develop and oversee test programs as needed to evaluate components and systems.
- Supports and leads the testing and/or evaluation/validation of an electrical component, subsystem, or system analytical model or actual system implementation.
- Risk and Uncertainty Quantification - Evaluate, with supervision, uncertainty and risks associated with requirements and designs.
- Analysis and Design - Based on specific stated objectives, performs analysis, design, or test of one or more complex designs, components, or functional systems of company products.
- Participates in the creation of and manages changes to circuit, component, or system level design or analytical models under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
- Peer Review/Oversight - Provides formal peer review of simple engineering designs or analyses for less experienced engineers.
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, component s, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
- Software development skills, including analysis, design, implementation, and debugging.
- Test procedure and script development and support for satellite level systems
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or other STEM discipline and 5 years of Engineering experience OR a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or other STEM discipline and 3 years of Engineering experience; 0 years with a PhD
- Must be able to support multiple shifts when needed
- U.S Citizenship required and an active or current DoD Top Secret Clearance.
- Excellent writing skills
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience working in a Test Engineering environment
- Experience with Python, Perl, Bash and Labview.
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Aerospace industry experience
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia