Material Handler Level 3 (B Shift Weekday Night Shift)
Requisition ID: R10121597
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location: Clearfield, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Material Handler 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our Operations team. This role is located in Clearfield, UT.
Supports and assists activities within multiple disciplines across the Supply Chain process. Loads, unloads, and conveys materials within or near plant, yard, or work site, and performs a combination of tasks under specific direction which may include shipping and/or receiving. Opens containers using hand tools; counts and weighs materials and records information. Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, conveyors, and machines by hand; loads or unloads materials into or from trucks by hand. Conveys materials using wheelbarrow, hand truck, forklift, electric dolly, elevator, or other devices; stacks or assembles materials; aids machine operators by lifting heavy objects by hand or by use of power hoist.
This position will support our B Shift (Mon-Thurs nights) 1800-0630 Fri-Sun.
- Primary duties will be in issuing, receiving, shipping, and stores
- Perform safe handling and processing of hazardous material(s)
- Class A CDL equipment operator (if CDL license is held)
- TA day cab tractor, flat bed, reefer, dry box vans
- Receive materials on plant
- Place material in kits, identifies kits, and transports kits to storage or point of use
- Capable of working in a harsh environment. Tasks include working inside a -10 Degree F Max freezer
- Perform inventory and maintain accurate inventory levels
- Package and ship end item parts
- Issue material to work orders/Kanban
- Transfer, impound, and label materials
- Operate a forklift, hand truck, pallet jacks (manual and powered), small trucks
- Continuous standing and walking for extended periods and perform physical work on a regular basis
- Overtime and on-call duty may be required
- Must be open to working the weekday night shift.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED (education will be verified) AND 4 years of additional education or related experience
- Valid Driver License required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be open to working the weekday night shift
- Experience with Word, Excel, and an inventory database
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Ability to obtain Special Program Access within a reasonable period of time as determined by the company to meet its business needs
- Class A CDL
- ERP System (inventory control system) experience
- Logistics experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/ AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.