Supply Chain Manager 1
Requisition ID: R10124867
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location: Sierra Vista, Arizona, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Are you ready to put your experience to work at Northrop Grumman? With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today. Northrop Grumman Defense Systems (NGDS) Sector is seeking a Supply Chain Manager 1 located in Sierra Vista, AZ to lead the spares/materials team and MRP team.
The Manager of Supply Chain acts as a functional manager that cultivates collaboration between programs, other functional departments, and customers. Primary responsibilities are , include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for program on-time delivery (OTD), Material Management strategies, including identification, and mitigation planning and execution
- Responsible for demand planning, coordination w/ logistics and Global Supply Chain stakeholders, developing a Material Program Plan (MPP), to include process flow mapping with roles and responsibilities from contract award to material disposition
- Management of multiple schedules, technical performance of multiple programs spares and repairs efforts and proposal support
- Using strategic thinking to mitigate risks, improve costs, and gain efficiencies between various programs and sites across the company is required
- The role will require professional development and performance management responsibilities, employee engagement, goal setting and mentoring
- The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership characteristics and possess high levels of organization and self-motivation with the ability to lead the team to accomplish challenging tasks in a high-pressure and short-turnaround environment
- Interact with cross-functional leadership in Program Management, Quality Assurance Management, Shipping/Receiving Management, Logistics Management, Global Supply Chain Management
- Analyzes material requirements based on needs of assembly demands, component replenishments, substitute parts or materials, production set ups, engineering changes, and Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS)
- Resolves schedule, material requirement or business system problems with cross-functional representatives
- Support programs’ proposal development / capture planning and strategy
- Approves part or material requisitions and initiates production and purchase change orders
- Resolves master schedules and productions problems and negotiates lead times based on supplier delivery and customer needs
- Escalate critical material shortages immediately upon identification and own the efforts to resolve them
- Develops presentations and briefs program and customer leadership
- Support and manage digital transformation efforts within the operating unit
- Bachelor’s degree (or 8 additional years of experience) and 4 years progressive aerospace/ defense in Logistics, Flight Operations, Subcontracts/Procurement, and/or Project Management OR Master’s degree (or 6 additional years of experience) and 3 years of experience.
- Experience with Global Hawk/Triton Unmanned and Autonomous Systems
- 2+ years of analysis experience with Bill of Materials (BOMs), Material Requirement planning, Goods Movement, and/or Parts Distribution
- 2+ years of experience as a Manager or Lead.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to manage personnel, resources, and competing objectives in a dynamic work environment.
- Commitment to being responsive and customer oriented.
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Office Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Experience with DCMA, DCAA audits
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Technical, Flight Operations, Logistics and/or Maintenance Background
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Experience
- Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and /or Direct Commercial Sales (DCS) experience
- Comfortable and/or Familiar with foreign travel, culture, laws, etc
- Basic understanding of TeamCenter or equivalent. Ability to interpret drawings.
- Experience in customer negotiations
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.