Global Supply Chain Manager 1
Requisition ID: R10122152
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location: El Segundo, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Manager Supply Chain 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our Global Supply Chain Goods Movement organization. This leadership role is onsite in El Segundo.
In this role you will be responsible for activities and knowledge within multiple disciplines across the Supply Chain process. Participates in various aspects of supply chain process areas: Supply Chain-Plan, Supply Chain-Source, Supply Chain-Make, Supply Chain-Deliver as well as Supply Chain-Operations. Exhibits end-to-end supply chain competency and manages one or more Supply Chain functions (Planning, Sourcing, Small Business/Disadvantaged Programs, Supplier Quality, Warehouse & Transportation, Analytics, Compliance, Systems, etc.).
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement, and respond vigorously to change.
Position will oversee the1st Shift Production Control & Distribution operation within the El Segundo Advance Composites Center and will be expected to perform the following:
- Lead a team of non-exempt employees through mentoring, training, staff development, and conducting performance reviews
- Make decisions on operational issues within scope of authority
- Build strong working relationships with key customers, with metrics that build customer satisfaction, including Site Leader(s), Operation Leaders
- Closely coordinate with multiple other functions outside of their own (i.e. Production Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Tooling, Cost Accounting, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering, etc...) to assist in facilitating resolution to shop constraints
- Manage internal and external supplier relationships and resolve any raised issues related to daily activities.
- Implement and maintain process improvements by analyzing and establishing best practices
- Identify and Implement LEAN and/or AGILE continuous improvement initiatives
- Responsible for meeting direct budget targets, writing/updating work instructions, and making recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations
- Develop, Maintain, and Utilize KPIs/Performance Metrics to gauge team health and drive improvements where necessary
- Advise leadership of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed
- Develop and effectivity communicates strategic plans to leadership
- Develop, communicates Risk Management Plans, and then ensure execution
- Establish and manage priorities in a fast-paced, schedule-driven environment
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 4 years of experience, or Master’s Degree with at least 3 years of experience or High School Diploma/Equivalent with at least 9 years of experience in Supply Chain Management, Program Management, Project Management, Sustainment, or related field
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience leading a team, process, and/or projects
- Must have 3 years of Global Supply Chain experience
- Must have SAP experience
- Have the ability to obtain an active DoD Secret level clearance
- Have the ability to obtain Special Program Access
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working on development, production and/or sustainment programs/projects
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.