Deputy Program Manager, Supply Chain (Proposals)
Requisition ID: R10123686
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location: Northridge, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Deputy Program Manager, Supply Chain (Proposals) that is responsible and accountable for the proposal scope in Global Supply Chain (material & labor estimation). This position reports within Global Supply Chain.
The Deputy Program Manager, Supply Chain (Proposals) is a strong leader with demonstrated project management and supply chain management skills. This role will support Bid & Proposal activities across the suite of Advanced Weapons Business Unit programs.
The location for this opportunity is Northridge, California.
- Manages all SCM cost volume activities, compiles cost, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications
- Support and lead contracting various tasks including RFP development and proposal evaluation (i.e. cost and price analysis)
- Balance strategic thinking with tactical application to support program execution
- Identify and mitigate proposal risks as they pertain to material requirements
- Meet company and customer requirements by providing the linkage between customer, subcontractor, program management and internal support functions
- Develops and executes proposal plans, estimates resources (people, schedule, and budget), analyzes RFPs, creates outlines and compliance matrices
- Researches and analyzes historical data, develops cost models to support proposal efforts, coordinates activities and participates in fact-finding meetings
- Leads pricing reviews with management and customer representatives
- Ability to create accurate ROM estimates for management “What if” analysis
- Establish/negotiate material budgets to support program requirements
- Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations
- Responsible for creating Supply Chain Management labor/material BOEs
- Managing program material proposal activities
- Creates compliant, compelling proposals that clearly and succinctly address the RFP requirements
- Acts as the Supply Chain lead for all internal and external proposal reviews
- Ability to work an amazing work schedule (4/10 Shift schedule: Monday-Thursday)
- Must have a Bachelor's degree AND 7+ years of related experience that includes a background in Supply Chain Management, OR a Master’s degree AND 5+ years of experience that includes a background in Supply Chain Management (Preferred – A&D industry experience)
- Experience in bidding to different contract types (FFP, CPFF, CPIF, T&M)
- Working Knowledge of FAR, DFARs and other Government procurement regulations as they pertain to bid/costing proposals
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Extensive experience in creating Priced Proposal BOMs, Supply Chain Labor BOEs and Risk/Opportunities
- Experience in proposal analysis and negotiation of major subcontracts
- Ability to be flexible, innovative, work with speed and agility to drive tasks to completion
- U.S citizen and ability to obtain DOD Secret clearance
- Proven experience using MS Office Suite and various MRP/ERP systems (Preferred - Deltek Costpoint)
- Must be able to travel as required (up to 25% of the time)
Traits to be Successful:
- Capable of influencing Senior Leadership, Proposal Leadership, and Proposal Teams to ensure proposals are current, accurate, complete, and reasonable
- Ability to think both strategically and develop detailed execution plans
- Ability and desire to perform in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement, inter-team communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively to Executive Leadership as well as domestic and international government customers.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.