Manager Supply Chain 1
Requisition ID: R10129826
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location: Northridge, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Manager, Global Supply Chain 1 for our Business Unit, Advanced Weapons, located in Northridge, CA.
Summary of Position: This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. Your mission is to execute strategic initiatives that align with the overall Business Plan and the Supply Chain goals and objectives. Accountable for reviewing, vetting and generating documents to support complex objectives, future purchases, including requests for quotes, bids, proposals, complex one-time orders, and complex multi-term orders in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Identify and develop suppliers that can meet technical, cost and affordability objectives. Review suppliers' capability, capacity, and overall financial standing. Apply standard Aerospace & Defense purchasing / procurement methodology to spend categories to achieve organizational objectives, best value for the enterprise, and achievement of target return on investments (ROI). Works very closely with internal customers to: identify sourcing needs; conduct buy/market profiles; define acceptable service levels. Develops sourcing strategies; solicits / analyzes request for proposals; negotiates contracts and coordinates supplier integration plan with internal customers. Monitors market dynamics and communicates changes that affect internal customer needs.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree AND 7+ years of related experience that includes a background in Supply Chain Management and/or Program/Project/Business Management, OR a Master’s degree AND 5+ years of experience that includes a background in Supply Chain Management and/or Program/Project/Business Management (Prefer – A&D industry experience)
- An established track record of procuring complex systems and assemblies
- Ability to establish long-term agreements, teaming agreements, blanket agreements, vendor managed inventory (VMI), and negotiate favorable terms and conditions
- Experience with make or buy strategies and transfers of work
- Strong familiarity with aerospace & defense requirements and the supporting supply base
- Ability to interpret engineering, production and quality requirements and establish Statements of Work, and or Sub-contracts
- Proven experience using MS Office Suite and various MRP/ERP systems (Deltek Costpoint)
- Lead & support CostPoint enhancements & testing of new software (e.g. Supplier Portal, Content Management, DFAR Flowdown, etc)
- Ability and desire to perform in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement, inter-team communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive as a 'one person team' with the potential of leading professionals to achieve projects cost, performance, and schedule requirements
- Advanced knowledge of supply chain management techniques, practices or theories gained through wide seasoning and/or special development.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain trusted relationships with internal and external customers.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and individual contributors
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to work an amazing work schedule (4/10 Shift schedule - Monday-Thursday)
- U.S citizen and ability to obtain US Government Secret clearance
- Demonstrated experience in supply chain management on a major program
- Advanced working knowledge of FAR and DFARS regulations.
- Experience in executing supplier agreements (ie: LTA’s, T&C’s, VMI, etc)
- Ability to deal effectively with competing priorities and deadlines, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating a professional attitude
- Master’s Degree in a Business or Technical field.
- Demonstrated experience in interfacing seamlessly with functional teams, customers, and major subcontract parts in an IPT structure.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.