Manager Supply Chain 1
Requisition ID: R10124842
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location: Palmdale, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Supply Chain Manager 1 – 2nd Shift (3/10 Friday - Sunday) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within in our Goods Movement organization. This leadership role is located at our Palmdale Aircraft Integration Center Site located onsite in Palmdale, CA.
We offer flexible work arrangements, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
- Lead a team of exempt and non-exempt employees, who are responsible for the tracking, receiving, stocking, kitting, issuing, shipping, preservation, and issuing of parts supporting various production programs including chemical management.
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity with Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Warehousing, Traffic, Procurement, etc.
- Responsible for meeting direct budget targets, writing/updating work instructions, providing performance metrics, and making recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
- As the Global Supply Chain focal point, develop and execute the strategy for Global Supply Chain Goods Movement and Logistics operations in support of the program, affordability targets, schedule performance, and first-time quality.
- Leads a team that has the mission statement to support all production/test organizational goals and objectives through accurate tracking, receiving, stocking, kitting, issuing parts, shipping, preservation, chemical management, with a strong focus on safety and cost efficiency.
- Leads the supply chain team in executing best practices and measuring performance through agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Train and guide employees in keeping with all Northrop Grumman Values.
- Will collaborate with various programs on projects related to material receipt, storage, issue, and transportation.
- Lead, coordinate, and collaborate with internal and external customers, including local, state, federal, and international agencies to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements in support of Aeronautics Sector programs.
- Directs team activities associated with program transportation, storage, and material handling requirements, including major deliveries (classified and unclassified), and specialty movements as they relate to transportability.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change.
- Must have 4 years’ experience in a management position with a bachelor’s degree; 2 years with a master’s degree; 9 years of experience in place of a degree
- Must have the ability to perform desk work and production shop floor responsibilities with the ability to lift, push, pull up to 30 pounds
- Must have a Valid driver’s license and ability to drive company-owned vehicles in the evening
- Must have the ability to work a 3/10 Shift schedule - Friday- Sunday
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance with Special Program Access
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or a related field
- Knowledge of a Material Requirements Planning (MRP) or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems
- Ability to deal effectively with competing priorities and deadlines, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating a professional attitude
- Working knowledge of SAP
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.