Sr. Principal Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist
Requisition ID: R10123806
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal Subcontract Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
- Able to accommodate a hybrid (in-office/telecommute) schedule.
- 9/80 shift with every other Friday off
- Opportunities for occasional travel
Sr. Principal Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist will be expected to:
- Lead Negotiator developing multifaceted Subcontract Terms and Conditions Agreements with designated suppliers at the NGAS sector level as well as Northrop Grumman Enterprise level.
- Team Leader coordinating Northrop Grumman’s internal group’s response to supplier’s exceptions on Terms and Conditions Agreements.
- Execute Teaming Agreements in support of strategic capture initiatives partnering with appropriate suppliers.
- Develop Long Term Agreements in support of Category Management initiatives.
- Develop associated workforce guidance for each term agreement.
- Provide Terms training to general Global Supply Chain (GSC) community.
- Provide input to Compliance on associated Work Instructions and processes.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate with greater GSC community, subject matter experts and executive leadership.
- Work independently while efficiently completing assigned projects.
- Be a subject matter expert on the Northrop Grumman Enterprise Terms and Conditions, as well as the Federal Acquisition Regulations and the Defense FAR Supplement.
- Provide support to the greater Global Supply Chain (GSC) community on Terms negotiations.
- Integrate with Procurement Category Management supporting the development of long-term opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years of Subcontracts/Procurement experience (14 years of experience in lieu of a degree), or a master's degree with 8 years of experience.
- Subcontracts experience supporting U.S. Government contracts.
- Working knowledge of FAR/DFARS requirements.
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system.
- Master’s degree in international studies, Supply Chain, or Business Administration (MBA) with experience in USG export licenses and agreements.
- Experience negotiating with outside agencies.
- Lean Six Sigma certification.
- Experience leading a team project or process.
- Firm understanding of MS Office suite.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong independent work ethic
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.